Anybody use bitcoin?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by bneumann0, Apr 2, 2017.

1. I started a bitcoin account. Attitude has a bitcoin promo so I figured I would try it. I don't fully understand it though. If I buy $100 worth, it comes to 0.08915994 bitcoin. Is that still worth $100 when I go to use it? If I don't use it right away can the value go up and down?

2. I just started using bitcoin myself. Yes, your $100 worth of bitcoins are $100 but just like stocks the value increases/decreases ever so slightly. Like right now, 1 BTC is $1,109.50. So its just translating that $100 into BTC currency the same way that you would do with money or languages. So if you play poker and your refill you account with funds and you choose the BTC option, it would give you the BTC value for the money that you plan on depositing. My explanation may sound dumb so I hope you at least get the gist of it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Like he said, I had half a bitcoin in my account when they were around $400 each... spent half, then without even paying attention they shot up to $600 each. Then my remaining quarter bitcoin ended up being about $150 worth of value instead of $100.

It's like a stock, just like Taye said.

4. i looked into this when some of the UK based banks quit taking credit cards. it is very confusing! finding a free wallet to keep the bit coins in was tricky as well. this could have been a great idea if it would have been more user friendly. if you check ebay auctions, you can get a good deal on buying coins.

5. I use BitCoin. It is pretty simple to use once you get everything setup. I was overwhelmed at first about the whole wallets thing, exchanges, etc.

I think you are seeing Seedbanks move away from CC's because of BitCoin. BitCoin was made for stuff exactly like this haha. It gives you that extra layer of security. Now, BitCoin is technically not 100% anonymous there's a digital paper trail. You can buy BitCoin from private sellers to cover your tracks even deeper. Honestly, the hassle and extra cost wasn't worth it to me. I go through the exchange they charge a little on top. Whatever though, it's worth it to me. Many exchanges you can setup an account with limited info and get a small limit (mine is $350)

I only purchase my BitCoin instantly with a CC when I checkout for seeds. They show a link with the exact amount of BC to buy. I punch it in my handy dandy app. It shows me a sweet QR code that I can use my smartphone. Boom. Seeds ordered lickety split.

Also, I am personally not a fan of gambling on the BitCoin market and keeping a rolling balance but everyone is different.

6. I am pretty good with OPSec and online anonymity, it's been a focus I have had for a while. I use bitcoin quite frequently, it's a great way to send payments without any chargeback or if setup right, no trace back to you.
    Paranoid users should really invest time into learning about bitcoin and buying seeds and filters ect with bitcoin.

• Like Like x 1
  7. If you need a good mobile wallet check out Jaxx. Very easy to use

8. Bitcoin is a type of cryptocurrency. There are no physical bitcoins, only balances kept on a public ledger that everyone has transparent access to. All bitcoin transactions are verified by a massive amount of computing power. Bitcoins are not issued or backed by any banks or governments, nor are individual bitcoins valuable as a commodity. Despite it not being legal tender, Bitcoin is very popular and has triggered the launch of hundreds of other cryptocurrencies, collectively referred to as altcoins. Bitcoin is commonly abbreviated as "BTC."

9. #9 debiol, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    Hi, talk about cryptocurrency has become very relevant today. I would like to resume this discussion here and discuss online investment programs such as Bitnamix or similar, which allow you to invest your money in order to make a profit in bitcoins. Last year, my friend was able to earn about $ 20,000 on this and I decided to take a closer look at her strategy and try to turn this occupation into a source of passive income. I am ready for a big investment and I need your advice on where to start. Any help!

10. I wouldn't give it the time of day. That currency was only good many years back, now its all just a game for the fat cats

11. Wow, if you read the guys here downing Bitcoin 4 years ago are eating crow now ahahahaahahah

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. I take bit coin for payments