Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any experience with edible / thc withdrawal?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by AdultBaby1, Apr 10, 2021.

1. I've been daily user of edibles and smoking for few years now. I quit recently because I need to be productive in my field of study and work.

What are the withdrawal symptoms associated with edibles in particular? I've noticed anxiety and such. Thanks for chiming in.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Awesome dreams

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. There are no withdrawals...

4. Loss of appetite, a little anxiety and difficulty falling asleep.
    Lasts two or three weeks.

After a few weeks, like Butterfat said, your dreams get very vivid.

5. I wouldn't say there are no withdrawals,
    but they're very mild compared to other drugs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Use a cbd strain to help.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Expect to be grumpy and feeling a bit "off" for a few days - that's all I get. How long the "withdrawal" to lasts depends on how healthy your endocannabinoid system (ECS) is. Your body gets "lazy" about producing endocannabinoids because it can use THC or CBD for much of what your endocannabinoids do in your body. It takes your body a bit to get endocannabinoid production back to normal.

If your ECS is strong, you may not notice much beyond a little grumpiness and the return of more vivid dreams. So how do you support your ECS?

Nutrients Supporting the Endocannabinoid System. (news – 2018) Nutrients Supporting the Endocannabinoid System - WholisticMatters

If You Do One Thing In 2017 For Your Health, Look After Your Endocannabinoid System (news – 2017) If You Do One Thing In 2017 For Your Health, Look After Your Endocannabinoid System

If you have Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency, you may go on feeling crappy for a long while because your body "normally" isn't making enough endocannabinoids for it to work right.

What is Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency? (news – 2017)
    What is Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency? | Cannabis Culture

Endocannabinoid Deficiency Could Be To Blame For Your Chronic Health Conditions, Study Finds. (news – 2015) Endocannabinoid Deficiency Could Be To Blame For Your Chronic Health Conditions, Study Finds

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. @BrewsnWeed666 You're the expert here. Are there withdraws from quitting THC?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I've never personally had withdrawals but I guess every 1 is different :laughing:

10. No physical dependency = no withdrawal.

11. @AdultBaby1

I'm likely one of the heaviest daily user currently on the City at 150-300mg per day, nearly every day for the past 8 plus years.

There is no physical withdrawal.
    Takes 3 to 14 days of total abstinence for my pain to return at full force. Depends on how active I am.
    Takes 10-14 days for the week of intense dreams to kick in.

I'll just wake up one morning and not dose. And the next day and the next. Eventually the surgical adhesion pain returns like a hand trying to pull my guts out through my navel and I'll go back on my meds to be pain free.
    Cannabis turns that pain off like flipping a light switch.

It's not till I've been sober a few days before all the little nagging pains Cannabis "Lubricates" so well come creeping back. The bad knee, the clicking hip joint. The electricians wrist-elbow-shoulder. That crick in my back, the one in my neck..
    Suck to get old, Sucks more if you abused your body in construction for a lifetime.
    Edible Cannabis is the ultimate Snake Oil and my snake squeaks really badly.

To long didn't read::
    Just stop. It's no big deal for 99.99% of us.

BNW

12. Dude, if You can quit Cannabis after years of heavy use and
    not lose sleep and Your appetite, I envy You.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Again, that's not a withdrawal.

14. #14 Blix, Apr 11, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    Alright, what do you call it then?

Edit: Not trying to be a Dick, I genuinely want to know.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Agreed, it might be mild but it's a withdrawal.

I take short 2-7 day tolerance breaks a couple times a year. I don't have a lot of symptoms but I do get some.