Any coco gods out there?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by KingSpicy97, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Hi everyone, so this is my first post and first time using coco.
    Strain; Dark Devil
    Atami coco 11l pot
    I mixed in life cycle and charge by ecothrive at recommended doses
    Using microbes from ecothrive
    Watering with distilled water with a small amount of calmag and activera from biobizz

They have all had the same treatment yet one third are showing twisted leaves and slightly stunted growth, I've no idea the cause

Temps are 23 day and 18 night with humidity steadily above 50%

Thanks in advance you lovely people 20210112_214911.jpg 20210112_214858.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Whats your ph when you feed. You getting runoff daily.

3. Link to video of them

4. I use distilled water and after the activera and calmag it goes to 5.3 so I take it up to 5.8 with ph up, I don't have any runoff as I have always grown organically and watering until runoff is kind of a sin. I want to keep all my notes in the pot, generally I'm just keeping the top wet and giving them a liter if they feel dry

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. But its coco coir.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Brave to tackle this. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yeah, I hear its a doozy. Half of it looks fine, twilight zone.

8. Looks like TMV (Tobacco Mosaic Virus) . Does not look like ph or nute issues. Would've thought variegation however that is usually different.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Imo that looks like some random mutant genetics. I've seen that sort of missing areas of green on seedlings before. I've always just passed it off as something genetic that they usually grow out of if photoperiod, if auto they usually stay weird and try to flower extra early...then kinda do a weird reveg thing and start to stretch out. That's just a guess though based on what I've seen with autos and crosses I've grown/made.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thank you so much sir, I have had this happen before and I put it down to bad genetics, weird as they all had the same timings for germination and treatment. Thank you for a decent response

• Like Like x 1
  11. I thought that too, seems no way to cure will just have to hope

12. Damn, how rude. Great first impressions

13. But I'm only using the coir as mass, I'm not feeding it hydroponically, the nutrients are already present in the soil and I don't use any salt products or tap water. I will even be using enzymes later into flower. Check this label for me if you dont mind mate.

First one is 'diverse blend of minerals and nutrients. Need cake, gypsum, basalt, seaweed meal etc

Second one is essentially mealworm castings and microbes Image.jpg Image (1).jpg

14. Wasn't my intention and I apologize for leaving a bad first impression. I thought the member that I replied to was going to dive into the subject and frankly it seems like a challenge to say the least. I'm happy to help if I can, I've grown in coco for the last 2 years so I'm far from a "coco god" but I like to read alot and have a decent understanding of how coco works. So let's get right into it ,I believe pure coco is not going to work with your proposed grow style and I would guess you're seeing the first symptoms of this.
    I would consider a transplant into a more suitable medium. Or adapt to a more traditional use of your medium.
    Also I don't like to be the bearer of bad news was a reason I made that comment earlier. Most people don't react well to it on here. Again apologies for the bad impression hoping to be helpful

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Maybe read your book some more, maybe you missed something.

16. Book? I use Internet sources, product information from different companies, YouTube series and growdisries to learn and the community which never seems to work. What's wrong with my post?, why do I get sarcastic responses

17. Because your using the coco coir in a unintended manner

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Go to cocoforcannabis.com for great info on growing in cocoperlite

Your ph is off, need it in the 5.8-6.2 range, always

You need run-off, otherwise you’re slowly poisoning your plants.

It’s always feeding time in cocoperlite, never plain water.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Its organic dry nutes mixed into the coco.

• Like Like x 1