Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety disorder after eating edibles.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JoelHJames809, Apr 14, 2021.

1. I had a few too many edibles back in February 7th , 2021 that night was horrible felt my brain was doing flips and paranoid and heart racing crazy fast and to this day still feel alot of anxiety,
    random quick chest pain that last a few seconds, also feel tired when walking up the stairs and the thought of it increases heart rate to 144bpm while walking up the stairs and other times normal. I am now always feeling scared and heart rate sometimes normal other times high in the 120-130s for no apparent reason. I been doing cardio and it stays at 120-130bpm but when at home walking a single stairs causes it to go up to 144bpm. Anyone else experience this with thc edibles? If so how long does it last? It's been almost two months I am hoping I can go back to being normal.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. You can do a search and probably find hundreds just like yours. Take this for what it's worth; you likely had anxiety before the edibles, stress, issues that you were able to sweep under the rug so to speak and the THC brought it to the forefront. You were going to have a breakdown anyways at some point. Some life event would have sparked it if not for the THC. There is no drug left in your bloodstream causing this, unless of course you have continued to take more. My advice. Go get a physical. Make sure that your heart is healthy which it probably is. Then work on your anxiety. That might mean therapy and it might mean yoga ashram shanti shanti shanit chants. Time to figure it out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Thank you for the advice!

4. You probably already had anxiety problems & the edibles just took u over the edge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. That's a weed overdose. You probably didn't feel high fast enough and kept eating them. We all been there. The last time it happened to me I left edibles alone for about 3 years because of it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. How long did it take you to go back to normal?

7. 2 days

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. The weed is well out of your system now, I would suggest ruling out other factors with your doctor that could be causing your symptoms.

I remember nor feeling "normal" like hazy or still high long after my first toke, but not for months on end

You might have heart palpatations or just general anxiety or something that needs to be treated

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. That's strange cause normally getting high takes away my anxiety.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. High levels of THC, especially once it is metabolized into THCV, which is much more potent and longer lasting...Cannabis is notorious for causing elevated heart rate and edibles, like other concentrates, can cause overwhelming experience, leading to anxiety's and panic attacks.
    Either lower your mg dose or stick to inhalation...
    Stay calm and at peace, my friend...

Sent from my moto e6 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Not necessarily, I am not an anxious or worried person, but sativas and concentrates have caused anxiety out of nowhere...
    Seems to be quite common, especially among females, who are more sensitive to THC...

Sent from my moto e6 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. While I'm not a medical professional, I can understand how the intense effects of THC edibles can lead to anxiety and physical symptoms like a racing heart, chest pain, and fatigue. It's important to remember that everyone's body reacts differently to substances, and some individuals may be more sensitive to the effects of THC.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1