Andrew Cuomo for PRESIDENT!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kronik352, Apr 27, 2020.

1. LOL.......what are we seeing here???

2. #42 AugustWest, May 9, 2020
    Last edited: May 9, 2020
    Must vote for Cuomo.. I mean he finally this week decided to clean the NYC subways for the first time in 115 years.

Subway Shutdown: New York Closes System for First Time in 115 Years

Now that's leadership! I mean wouldn't the first thing you'd all do is clean the fucking subways? Like in February maybe?

NY has been the biggest disaster by far in the US.
    His very nice speeches which I truly do enjoy aren't really helping with what's going on in that state.
    It's an absolute disaster.

Plus the whole nursing home fiasco.
    Another disaster.

Coronavirus News: More than 1,700 previously undisclosed deaths at NY nursing homes

Cuomo under fire for response to Covid-19 at nursing homes

But yeah let's make him president because he makes good speeches and isn't as big of an idiot as trump.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. With PROPER leadership from the Federal Government........as in..our President...would have taken care of that when and LIKE they are supposed to.....THANK GOD for Cuomo and his actions...........or the catastrophe would have been MUCH worse........

DO YOUR JOB MR PRESIDENT!!!!

4. Or Styxhexenhammer666, Tim Pool, Dave Rubin, Eric Weinstein, Tom Woods, Dave Smith, USA Watch Dog, etc

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. #45 AugustWest, May 9, 2020
    Last edited: May 9, 2020
    The federal government is in charge of cleaning NY mass transit?

And what about all of the people who donated and campaigned for the Biden campaign, and all of the deligates he accumulated?
    Just fuck them and install the guy who gives the nice speeches?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Im not sure on that one.......I wouldn't think so.......but ya never know.....I DO KNOW that Cuomo wasn't "in charge" for those 115 years that they didn't get cleaned.....and who knows, if it were someone like say.......Trump instead of Cuomo in charge there.....they STILL might not be cleaned....

No, of course not..........it doesn't work that way. I was simply saying, if I could have it my way Id have Cuomo instead of Biden

7. Cuomo has stated numerous times that he doesn't EVER want to run.

When his brother said "Will you think it over and consider running somewhere down the road" and he said "not a chance"

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. [QUOTE="AugustWest, post: 25261724, member: 526517"
    Just fuck them and install the guy who gives the nice speeches?[/QUOTE]

It worked with Obama!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yeah I know, but things change...

10. I wish he would run this Nov. against Trump. He could beat him.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Honestly what do you know and like about Cuomo? Maybe he is more lucid than Biden, but so are my cats.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Bernie ;) lol but in reality I'd vote for Chris over Drew...

13. It's "simple stuff" I guess that had me considering him for Prez. I like the fact that he sticks to the time schedule he lays out...for example, if he is supposed to start a briefing or a meeting at 12:30........no later than 12:35 and he's already started. I like the fact that he actually listens to the questions....the entire question....people are asking, and then gives his best answer. I like the fact that if he doesn't know something, he will flat out tell you I don't know, and will either get someone on the panel or in the meeting to answer it, if it's in their area of expertise.

Small stuff like that is what got me "interested"..............I am not familiar enough with his stance on aloooot of things, but because he grabbed my attention, I am brushing up on where he stands....

14. Brush up on where Cuomo stands on sending Covid patients into nursing homes where the most helpless and frail people in America live when there were other places set up to receive Covid patients standing empty.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Exactly

16. Fair enough!

17. What about when kids get sick at school, should the schools get sued? Can you imagine being sued by your coworkers if you went to work sick and gave others the flu? Every single person that gets a communicable disease gets it from someone else so who's really at fault?

18. If the school's are forced to take in covid positive patients like the nursing homes were and my kid gets sick.. Then yeah they should be sued.
    If a Co worker was forced to come to work sick, and got someone else sick then yes the business owner should be sued.
    Cuomo literally forced nursing homes to take in sick patients.. That's fucked up.

• Like Like x 2
  19. #60 robot_zombie, May 14, 2020
    Last edited: May 14, 2020
    Funillly enough, my employer (a private school) has a very strict sick policy... strict in that coming to work sick will get you sent home. Making a habit out of coming in sick will get you in real trouble. People will judge you hardcore. Do it enough and you'll be let go. But you will never be fired for being out sick. It's more like "PLEASE stay home goddamnit!" You need to be symptom free for 24 hrs. If you're out for at least 3 days a doctor must clear you. We get good insurance that pays for that and a lot of sick time.

The kids are a big part of it. Parents don't have confidence in schools where staff and teachers are always sick. They could always pull their kids out. Not to mention we don't want anybody seriously sick. This place has always had policies for minimizing that. If say it's a pretty valid concern. In a sense we ARE responsible for that. All of us. The parents too! We all have to agree to make compromises so nobody has to get sick for reasons that are more petty than they seem. The idea that people should work sick benefits nobody in the long run. It's just hard to see the cost until it really hits hard. But even before covid society was paying the price for pretending people don't get sick for the sake of just keeping things moving. Either way it majorly slows things down. Keeping sick people at work only drags things out as people line up to catch it. And if you put people in that position varying degrees of bad things will happen. It's insane to me that this is normal.

And it works. We don't have waves of people going out throughout the year. Most of us end up using none of our month of sick time. To me it's a no brainer no matter what your organization does. It benefits everyone. I think the clipboard carriers just don't see it.

To me it's very simple. Who gets sick may not directly be on anybody in charge, bit there are things they can do... they just THINK it costs too much. Now we're instead learning that NOT minimizing the amount of sick people who HAVE to be around others all day actually costs more in the end.

So yeah... there is a way for facilities to shoulder that in the sense that they can influence how sickness spreads in their own buildings.

I've always thought that's how it should be. It's bad enough having one sick employee... better to pay them off for a couple of days then wind up with several absent/less productive ones next week.

I think this is something we will have to look at. It may not really be anybody's fault, but being that it turns out clocking in sick isn't worth it, maybe it's wise to hold all employees to that. Sick employees may cost money... but then that's why you keep them home, so you don't have MORE sick employees! Every business and organization with a physical location is going to need to take this upon themselves going forward. Not just schools and nursing homes.

I've always thought it was dumb to make people work sick. Everything takes a hit, even with plain h1n1. But we've all accepted it forever. But it turns out forcing sick people together is actually devastating to society at its worst! Who would have thought it was such a bad idea? :blush:

It's like... people all just want things to be getting done as efficiently as possible. Unfortunately the risk/benefit analysis has been shortsighted and you could say we've really just gotten lucky till now. All it takes is the wrong contagium and everything stops.

Our society just isn't built for dealing with contagious illness at all. That has to change and everyone needs to be held to it for us to hope to avoid situations like these. People should never not have a choice in whether they expose themselves to ANY contagious illness.

• Informative Informative x 1