An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BrassNwood, Sep 8, 2013.

1. 20210330_153444.jpg
    The shorter colas are the Northern Lights 99 that was in SIP #2 It was the only plant that I needed to chop up and split the stalk on. Longer centers are the Garlic Lights.

20210330_172546.jpg
    The seed fairy made a delivery just as I was walking out so I didn't even have time to look as the spouse was yelling lets go.

Hooked up the new USB Microscope. Installed the bit of software. Took 2 pictures. Can't bloody find them. It's a fresh drive with minimal stuff on it yet and hell if I can find the files, software or Pictures. LMAO. Again I didn't have time to keep dicking around with it but it works and I had good a Trichome picture. No amber. Hmmmm They are 2 weeks early.
    20210330_172610_HDR.jpg
    4 against the garage wall.

20210330_172617.jpg
    The first 3 in the garden. 4 more of the long legged 3x3 cups. I can drop the root ball nice and deep on them. The 12 travelers won't get that luxury as they've stayed much shorter.
    Slow going as there is a ton of weeding to do.

Had an Electrocardiothingamabobitwhatchmacallit. Fancy name for more ultrasound torture. Man he was grinding that sound head into my rib. I was like it's not going any deeper no matter how hard you press dude ease up.

Your lungs are in the way. Ha well let me try this. Exhale way, way down till there is nothing left. NOW hold and don't inhale.... YES he yells. Click, click, click DON"T INHALE... Holy shit....

Damn sadist but he got the pics he wanted without Dye / Contrast.

BNW

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Looks like some nice color on them Garlic Lights.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2

3. Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 4
  4. Wed Mar 31 11-15-47.jpg

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. 20210331_141657BB.jpg

Where I had multiple examples of the same strain I dropped 2.
    Back 8 are singles.
    Smoking hot in the yard so it shouldn't take long to pop them.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sour Tangie.
    F#### Lights.
    Bitter Orange
    WE-18 X BP-9
    Gusher X Panama Red
    Strawberry X Banana
    RS1
    Ghost OG
    Forest Gump
    Lemon Kush
    Blue Dream :)
    Bubba OG
    Lemon Lights
    Garlic Lights
    Super Northern Haze
    NL99

I think that was all.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. 20210401_154807_HDR.jpg
    With the new super duty Potato Ricer I got the post tincture weed pressed out. I was concerned all that plant material and Water - Alcohol might mold left sealed for a month but all I could smell when I cracked the lid was Alcohol.

Now I can run the still and get back my booze and do another Tincture run. Still 3/4 of the Summer "scraps" left to process.

Speaking of Tincture I left 750ml in the freezer and I'll see how it filters / winterizes.

20210401_160206.jpg
    There are some tiny plants there. I swear there are.
    1/2 of the travelers.
    20210401_160219.jpg
    More here too. Rest of the traveling kids. The trio in the foreground I think I'll put in the ring for grins and giggles.

20210401_171006.jpg

The hanging Harvest was firming up so I used the grape scissors and snipped all the buds off the branches and reduced the big colas to thumb sized nugs.

The usual cut down paper bag for ease of handling. Tucked in my smallest Styrofoam Ice chest from Omaha Steaks overnight.
    ===================================

Thu Apr 01 16-44-57.jpg
    NL99

Thu Apr 01 16-45-57.jpg

I need a better background and more playing.
    Turn the LEDs down. Looks washed out.

BNW

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. 20210402_144031.jpg
    The Harvest was mushy wet so out it came for a few hours.
    Tossed it in a Can lid and spread it out.
    Tucked back in the Ice chest for the night.

20210402_170141.jpg
    Had a single seed popped out of the harvest so I'll call it Northern Garlic until I know better.

20210402_170228.jpg

Far right showed it's face. It's a Ring seed.

I pulled the Fifth of Tincture I had in the fridge overnight and poured it through a coffee filter but...
    I don't think much "Winterization" got done as I feared.

On to plan #2
    Wait until all the Tar is made, Reconstitute it back to tincture in a single 1.75 bottle and deep freeze that with dry ice.

BNW

• Like Like x 6
  9. Im not a big tincture guy, but curious... Do you find the winterization makes a big difference? Are you freezing the water to pull ice out and make stronger, or does it do something to the tincture itself?

• Like Like x 3
  10. That is the $64.00 question.
    The current Tincture to RSO is very raw and primitive. I was tossing all the scraps left from shaking it for Kief. Then one of the wife's aging former co-workers with end stage Cancer called as she knew I was a huge stoner from way back.

She wanted "Full Spectrum" RSO as much as possible. It did the job and extended her Life a solid 2 years of reasonable quality health when she'd been given 30-60 days.

It is very different from the Kief Capsules in effects.
    Kief Oil is a nice clear headed stone. I can walk and talk unless I really take a shitload of it.

RSO is a mouthful of mumbles. Can't talk, Can't hardly walk, Got 3 left feet and they trip over unseen threads in my path.
    The stone is Heavy with slit eyes and a brain full of quicksand.

The worst part is the urge to pee it comes with. The higher the dose the greater the damned Urge to pee. It's just urge. Nothing happens I just stand there. Eventually give up and lay back down and suffer. It seems to affect men more then women.

So an effort to clean up the RSO to where I and other men can use it is the general idea. Winterization seemed like a good and not to complex place to start.

I do have easy access to Dry Ice as I use it for all my Kief making. $12.00 for 10 lbs.

The bottleneck is the limited quantity of 190 proof on hand.
    8 fifths did about a 1/4 of the bud scraps and that'll be 3 still runs to get it all processed.

Make Tincture
    Run still and recover the Alcohol
    Make tincture
    Repeat as many times as needed.
    I'll process all the tar collected at once. 4 or 5 runs worth. at least that is my current thinking.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. i'm goinng to full production a little erly what wit the weather so gd..soil is master kush, skunk #11, and cali orange..hydros island bubba kush, power plant, and sugar punch..all are donated dutch passion seeds..germ rate about 50% as they are probally old stock..still damm gd for free! no complaints here but all you seed hoarders out there better take note and strt using their stock up..seeds don't store forever witout advanced tech imo

• Like Like x 2
  12. Failing old seeds is why I try and do a little pollen chucking at least once a year to insure I have fresh seeds on hand. Even the 2 yr old Ring seeds are not coming up like I'd hoped for.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
  13. 20210403_124328.jpg
    Tincture reduction

20210403_130729.jpg
    Wash recovery.

I got back 6 liters of the 7 I started with.
    20210403_171646.jpg
    It might help if you take the lens cap off ya big dummy.

Sat Apr 03 17-22-52.jpg
    Aaaaa Better picture.
    Clear and Cloudy but no amber.
    NL99

BNW

• Like Like x 4
  14. Pricing out restocking some high proof Alcohol has proved frustrating. Not only has my last supplier stopped offering it in 1.75ml jugs their price for a 1 ltr was shocking to say the least. Add in some nice shipping and...

Plan B.
    SprawMart or Target's finest Jug vodka and distill off the good stuff and toss the water. $9.99 for a 1.75 of 80 proof. 40% Alcohol.
    So that comes out to what? $9.99 a 750ml of 170ish proof?
    DEAL.
    Buying 6 and distilling still comes out cheaper by far even adding in the cost of a bottle of propane. ( won't take that much ). Caskers wants $26.95 a 750ml of 190 proof.

I've redistilled 151 in the past so it'll be just as easy. Same routine. Empty the jar, Keep the condenser water temp down, keep an eye on the pot thermometer. You always get a 2 minute pause in output when the temp climbs a touch past 90C
    Next shoot will be water.

Al I have to do is sit in the shade, smoke Hash and listen to Steely Dan while the jar slowly fills with dribbles and drabs, a few spurts at a time.
    ( Don't Take Me Alive )

BNW

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Have you tried looking at cooking suppliers? I use cooking alcohol might be another route to try. Think it's 98% out something? I'll grab another shot of it if you want.

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. The one time I ordered a "Food grade Extraction" alcohol 200 proof I was contacted by the BATF (alcohol tobacco firearms) a month later along with a warning letter of methanol contamination.
    Stuff was Denatured essentially.

I'd already commingled it with what I had. Was a total clusterfuck and I wound up dumping 3 gallons of $$$$.

I now stick to only Drinking grade Booze. Fool me once....

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Oh geezzz. I get mine from the store so yeah. That really sucks. I remember you talking about that though.

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 5
  18. Time for the immersion blender, last heat n freeze cycle. Then cap n go...

20210404_083025.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  19. I think I'm already at Fail #1. I tried to clean up the dried goo from the Stainless bowl. Ha. Dried on black tar that even alcohol wouldn't lift very well. It's damn sure not going to reconstitute as tincture.
    The square steel pan will have more of the same after the water finishes evaporating. This first run is destined to be the same RSO I've been making as only Coconut oil cuts the tar created during distilling the tincture.

Any Winterization will need to occur after the tincture is made and before I recover the alcohol.
    I certainly don't have enough Alcohol to run off the scraps left in one go although the new Potato ricer might change the equation somewhat. I did pickup 3 more 1.75s of cheap vodka at the market tonight.

Running multiple washes on new materiel with once run tincture is another possibility if I can get enough Alcohol back.

I'd like to only buy Dry Ice once for this.

BNW

• Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 3