Amazon defeats Unionization attempt

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VikingToker, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Obviously the workers weren't unhappy enough to unionize. I'm glad they had a choice. Years ago I was unfortunate enough to work in a closed shop state and was forced to join the teamsters. They sucked as bad or worse than any employer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Good for the employees of Amazon for making the right choice, by rejecting unionization. I have belonged to three different unions, and most unions are unnecessary and harmful to the employees and the employers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Pretty sad a place would try to work people to such a pace where that becomes a thing. Sounds so stressful I couldn't imagine working there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I was in the masons union for 15 yrs, 22yrs ago. Grandfather started mason restoration union in nyc. My dad was in for 50yrs .Im glad I was in the union because I've worked on non union jobs alot, and their more dangerous. Not all,but most imo. I'm speaking of multi man jobs, non residential. I think some jobs require organized labour, organized by a trained person. Imo, jobs that can be done by ai don't need a union. My union pres asked me to be a district manager and I said we had to get rid of a " slush " fund, he said no, we can't do that, I said cya later. I never looked back . Unions have their purpose , but are just as corrupt as non union. It all depends on the employer,imo.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. KIMG0665.JPG

KIMG0409.JPG
    Sometimes, a bottle to pee in is a godsend! Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. At some point its simply not worth dragging their asses out of bed to unlock the doors in the morning.

These guys are in business to make money - not to lose money or break even. Its been a damn year now. “Hero pay”?? For supermarket workers?

You cant make this shit up.

j

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I worked in a supermarket when I was 16, it was great! Free food!

• Like Like x 3
  8. make sure you look at the per hour rate twice! this represents the full burden rate as the total cost of employment but is there any question remaining why autos cost as much as they do.

"CAR reports Fiat Chrysler’s average hourly labor costs per worker on average will increase to $66 per hour by 2023; GM will hit $71; and Ford will jump to $69."

the UAW is Uncle Joe's bread and butter support group. he loves the unions.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...FjAAegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw24nA5-Jhx2YDtQGXmhIwji

9. I worked in a food warehouse as a picker for a spell. The cashew aisle was very popular as was the tobacco cage.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Similar thing happened here in Italy at the same time. The company has been under fire in both countries for similar reasons, shitty warehouse conditions and overloading drivers.

Here, Amazon does not even care to stop the unionization efforts. They still build new facilities everywhere and they're instantly unionized. Amazon doesn't care because they're still getting record profits, and expanding into new countries facilitates growth.

All of the very same American companies who spend millions of dollars on propaganda against unions are also fully willing to pay whatever the cost to enter the marketplace of countries where vast majority of people are in a trade union. These companies negotiate with unions all the time in Europe. These same American companies also pay a much worse price to enter the Chinese market but they do it anyway.

This is not a sales pitch on unions, I really leave that up to you all. But at least i hope you understand your work is a lot more valuable than you realize, and business interests are constantly trying to get you to sell yourself short. They just don't want the chain reaction.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1