AK47 x Lowryder 2 - First time grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Byrgesen87, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Hey guys.

I thought i would give this a shot and post my grow as well :)
    Im growing in a Phototron 6 heres the specs:

www.phototron.com
    Phototron 6:
    Phototron 6, 21" x 39" Size, 18900 Lumens
    Includes the following:
    * Six 40 watt biax bulbs
    * Soil Medium: Two Bags of Sphagnum Moss
    * Plant Nutrient: Two Bottles (CV-65 Feed and CIV-75 Base Formula)
    * Complete Step-by-Step Instruction Package
    * 25 watt Germination bulb.

Ive uploaded pics of the phototron and my plant at 21 days old :)

Give me some feedback and let me know what you think of the size and volume of my plant at theese ages, because i am a first time grower :)

Attached Files:

2. Your plant looks pretty healthy, and the size is right on par for its age. I looked into those Phototrons several years ago, but never went through with getting one. I'm curious to see how much you harvest from this plant, if it turns out to be a female. Best of luck!
    Also, is your soil/medium nothing but sphagnum peat? I noticed the green area under the plant, and it looks like the humidity might be a touch too high. Do you have an RH reading?
    Peace
    DM

3. Wow a phototron!! :) When I was a kid, I use to look at my High Times magazines and wish I had one of these things. They used to have a big ad every month, they still might, I havent looked at a HT in years.

Good Luck buddy and I'll be watching this thread

Peace.

4. I see you are from Denmark, you guys got gardening in your blood man.:) You gonna grow outdoor next year? You should find yourself a nice Danish strain next year and grow it out, lots of great genetics and outdoor growers in Denmark.

On another forum Im a member of there is a nice collective of Danish growers who really know what they are doing, grow beautiful plants outside.

Gotta ask: Have you ever been to Christiana? Whats it like? If I ever take a european vacation I want to go there before Amsterdam, seems like a pretty chill place with great hash!!

Peace

5. Yes its all spagnum nothing else :) and yes its green, but its suposed to be green. Its alge turning the nutrients in the spagnum into nutrient for the plant :) and its a feminized strain so its female :) to be honest i have no idea of the temp or humidity in the phototron :) but yeh i might have over watered it abit but its growing just fine and not that old hehe.

• Like Like x 1

6. Hehe thanks mate, but i live in an apartment and i dont have a garden so i cant grow outside yet :)

ohh christiania :) its not rly a big place anymore tha cops is going all crazy over there, so theres not many places to buy hassish or weed if you dont now the people. its pretty closed down society now and as long as the cops will be there, they will be closed down.

Police is going crazy about cannabis in denmark :) but ppl are still importing several tons every year hehe :)

7. To be honest i have no idea of the yeild i will get out of this but im hoping it will be alittle bit bigger then the Joint-Doctors average :) and thanks for the many comments.

The best part is that its not even flowering yet :) measured it this morning and its 21 cm wide and 11 cm high, so it seems to be a great fast growing strain :)

8. Aww thats a shame, leave the people of Christiana and Denmark alone, cops fuck everything up.

Well hopefully someday you have a nice house with a greenhouse in the backyard, and if you ever do and want to meet some Danish growers to get some Danish genetics, let me know. Im an American but I can definitely steer you in the right direction to find the Danish outdoor DANK beans, but you cant grow these things in a phototron, they are pure outdoor strains. Just google Esbe seeds.

Peace bro and hope the best for your plant:wave:

9. Hehe thanks mate, i will surely wanna meet some of thoose ppl :) but i need a garden first hehe :) and dont worry, the phototron is only for the small indoor plants hehe.

Yeh the fucking cops is going totally crazy in the city i live in, Randers, they have put down alot of dealers and even alot of buyers :/

10. Do you think i might have overwatered it? there has started to get a little white in the medium, is that a bad thing? and how would i fix it?? just stop watering for some days?

11. My plant is now 22 days old. It still hasnt begun flowering, isnt it about now it should do that?

12. Wow never seen one of them growing weed before But I have seen them before ...
    Can't wait 2 see what it does for ya ....
    U might need 2 do some trimming in the end if the plant gets 2 big but no big deal ...
    Plant looks awesome so far ..... Get some updated pics ....

Looks like a really clean set up also which I pride myself in a clean grow room ...

Keep up the good work ..... Oh and yeah it should start 2 produce pistils anyday now ....
    Give it about 4-5 days before ya start 2 worries ...

Best Regards EazyGreen ....

13. alright mate thanks for the words :)

mmh im hoping it will begin to flower soon hehe. Do you rly think that i need to trim it at some point? its a lowryder so it has already got a shortened lifecircle.

14. It might get big ..... I've seen them get 3ft plus .....

15. ohh ok, well if it gets to high i will cut the top hehe. But i dont think it will grow that tall in the phototron.

More conserned about the with of the plant hehe.

I'll post some more pics at day 25 :)

16. "Sup Byergesen?! My AKs and White Russians all started flowering at day 15, so I am wondering why your AK isn't yet. They really shift gears quickly when they flower! Not so much vertical, but branching and thickening of the buds appears rapidly. Every morning I check on them, it puts a smile on my face to see my babies exploding (AK 47 is an apt name for them!).
    I am growig in hydro, and every time I upped my nutes, they got bigger and bigger. In my 8 gallon res, I used 45 ml Dutch Master Advanced Grow A & B, and 45 ml DM Advanced Bloom A & B, and my next feeding I will go all Bloom nutes at 90 ml. I will top it out at 105 ml at their peak.
    What are you feeding them, I know you are in soil! Well, let me know if they start to flower, I hope they do! I don't think you will run out of room in there, especially if they are running a bit late to flower. This is fun to figure out how your individual conitions work, and every grow after becomes a little more "dialed in" as they say! I feel a flowery day coming today! :):smoke:420usagrow

17. I forgot...what is your lighting rated (2700K for bloom, 5000K overall growth, 6500K for veg?). I know mine started under my 400 watt MH and I noticed a stanky odor in the tent and saw the buds sprouting before my eyes, then I switched to my HPS and 3-125 watt CFLS for side lighting. If you can add more bloom lumens to your lights it will help w/bud density and yield. 420usagrow

18. Well to be honest i dont know the spectrum of light that the phototron provide :) and im using the vegs that came along with the phototron :)
    Just bought it and plantet it hehe. But it should provide all the light a plant needs for its lifecircle.

Well if you say that when it starts flowering it will grow more branches and thickening, then im gonna have a prob coz there isnt room for any more branches, its already filled out :)

I think the plant is a little delayed because of the lights and the fact that they are vertical and not horizontaly.

My plant is 23 days today, measures 14 cm in hight and 29 cm in with :)
    you can see it growing every day, but it hasnt begun flowering yet :(
    No white spots of any kind and no odor yet. Just a green growing plant hehe.
    It seems to be on its way though, there are smal "outgrows" in the braches so hopefully its a flower :)

Uploaded some pics aswell.

Attached Files:

19. Your plant is starting to get the same look as mine right before they flowered. Your plant is going to make you happy with the intense growth during the flowering phase. Mine are between 6" in height to 10" in the tallest!
    You will be seeing flowers any day now, I was wondering when mine were going to start and then I woke up one morning and I was like "Damn, what is that smell?". You will have some good smoke for the holidays, for sure. Peace out! 420usagrow:D

• Like Like x 1
  20. wohoo thats pretty good to hear hehe.

My plants have spend alot of time filling out the past couple of days and i think your right about the flowering.

But is 14 cm high and 29 cm wide a good startout for flowering? average, small? what do you think?