AK-48 from Nirvana

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by pitbull420, Jan 14, 2011.

1. From lightweight smokers/first time growers ;) There's a reason they're cheap :) Although I'm sure if you get enough seedpacks eventually you'd get a solid mom.

2. I harvested my AK48 soil grow about a month ago...2 plants for a little under 5 oz.
    The hempy grow was by far better for taste, smell and high...
    I did have a ph problem three weeks into the grow locking out phosphorus so, wasn't as optimal a grow...

3. #63 Laslo Hollyfeld, May 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2012
    Just wanted to chime in with my experience with Nirvana's AK48. She isn't finished, However she is starting her second week of flush.

Pot is a converted 32 Fl. Oz Gatorade hempy bucket.
    Medium is Coco coir/ Pearlite mix. ( The reservoir is all pearlite the rest is coco).
    Nutes are Technaflora receipe for success kit.
    Lights are Digilux 400w hps in cool tube with reflector attached.

She is currently starting her 9th week of 12/12 and last week of flush. She is just shy of 3 feet and is a pheno nothing like the OP's.
    She has grown very vigorously and has responded well to everything i have done to her.
    Her buds although not the biggest in the garden, are very dense and she smells so much like fuel its comical.
    Her trichomes are off the hook, by far the most coated in the bunch and they are huge. She looks like she is gonna yield around an oz and a half, maybe more maybe a little less...

I have vaped some of her larf and it was a very heady sativa buzz for around 2.5 hours strong that lapsed into a very nice body high. It had me talking up a storm.

I would suggest dropping more gear and finding a better pheno than the one you got. Because she is capable of so much more.

Anyway that was my experience with The AK48.

4. you telling me you harvested 12oz (340grams) out of this one plant?? that doesn't look like 12 oz to me...

Agreed, Nirvana's AK48 is definately good value for $ but the original Serious Seeds AK47 is well worth the extra $ as you get solid genetics from the get go without buying hundreds of seeds and growing a lot of plants to find the 'one'.

6. I see this is an older post but I'll give my report anyway.

Just did an AK-48.  240 watt cfl grow that was strictly organic, water only in a 7 gallon container.

30 day veg, 59 flower.

Topped and LST. Final plant was one foot tall by one and a half foot across. Six main colas. Total = 56 grams dried and cured for two weeks.

In flower, she stunk everything up by the end.  Bad. I don't know much about strains and smell but this one smelled like a campfire the next day. You know that smokey smell on your clothes the next day?  Like that. My house smelled like a wet fireplace.

After a two week cure, her smell is somewhat skunky/pepper.  Not very strong at all.  Not a three bagger.  Buds are like rocks. Very dense. Taste is a lot like old school colombo on the way in, on the way out she tastes like Fruity Pebbles. She is a creeper. Takes a full 20/30 minutes to feel her effects. The high reminds me a lot of the Colombo weed I smoked in the late 70's early 80's, but without the burnout effect the next day. Slow to build, not a super duper happy giggle high, but a smile, concentrate one. Then she turns into mellow time.

I see everyone has a different experience with this plant, but that is mine.  Good nighttime/TV smoke.  Would not be my first choice for the beach unless I was hungover and wanted to space out and then take a nap. Again, seems great to wind down your day with though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I've heard nirvana seeds are jenky? Are they auto flowers?