AK-48 from Nirvana

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by pitbull420, Jan 14, 2011.

1. I don't think he was trying to say that his results were indicative of all people growing this strain everywhere...

Some of the statements he made are based on his personal taste.

You should try a 600watt if you have space if you get those results with 400w you will be pleased with another 200w in that light. 600watt is far more efficient for your money than 400w.

2. Hell i thought he done a good job.

3. When they snap they are getting too dry. Most of the cure window is over. You want a slow cure, throw them in when the outside is crispy but the inside still has some squish. Around 65-70% RH. Burp daily until RH in the container is 60%. Then store in a jar forever. Gives me nice sticky buds that are smooth tasting every time. Once weed hits 55% RH, it cannot cure anymore.

4. I see what your saying but I still perfer to allow them to dry at least 5 days or until they snap.. I've found it really reduces the chances of mold and once I throw them in the jar to cure they always come back around and I end up with some great sticky, smooth dank ass buds!!

5. There are many ways to skin this cat. I just prefer to know the RH and start the cure at 65% RH, slowly curing from that point for at least two weeks gives me the best flavor and smoothest smoke.

I just threw that info out there for anyone looking to repeat their successful cures. I've dried until the stem snapped and I didn't get as good a cure. Perhaps you weren't quite at 55% RH. I'd rather not guess, but use an instrument to tell me.

6. Grown it and experienced similar results as OP. It looked pretty awesome on the plant but left a lot to be desired as far as density/high/smell. I grew four feminized in DWC 400W and they all turned out the same.
    AK-47 isn't even in the genetics which is kind of misleading.
    That was my first grow and I've switched to Sensi Seeds since then. Just their skunk #1 strain (cheapest) makes for a better smoke. Don't think I'll go back to Nirvana. Don't know where they get the thousands of good reviews on their website.

7. #47 colafarmer, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
    I grew AK 48 from femaleseeds and had good results. The upper buds were dense and the lower buds not as dense and this was with a 400 watt. If I had a 1000w, or a 600 all the buds would have been very dense....

The yield was way above average and had a smell that was almost as good as the smoke and high....People would almost beat the door down to smell that s***t...;)

Some very old school taste and high with some good unknown genetics...

8. man I just picked this strain up and should be starting it in the next couple weeks. I hope you are right about the 1000W thing.

9. 2 plants, hempy grow, 400 watts, 49 days flowering under optimal conditions, = 9oz dry..:)

10. those are numbers I like to see:eek:

but I am gonna go with 4 plants, soil (undecided on the type), 1000W. Hopefully I can pull numbers like that.

checked it out in your sig and that shit looks nice.

11. If your going for the # you might get 1/2 what a hempy, or hydro will. You will get quality though...
    Check this grow guide for AK 48...Full Ak 48 grow guide - learn how to grow Ak 48 - "Ak 48 Growing Help"

Cheers...:smoke:

12. that's why I doubled the number of total plants:) as it sits now I need a bit of both quality and quantity. Thanks for the link too!

one thing that concerns me is this
    now I ain't rich so I normally get seeds one pack of fem one pack of regs, in this case I am depending on the regs for the 48. Also I am super dependent on cloning can't really afford to slap 20 seeds in and grow out the 5-10 girls, I have to plant a couple and clone the one girl. Is this cloning issue you had something that is indicitave of the strain?

13. Cloning was totally my bad and not the strain...Moved on to the bucket cloner...;)

14. Got just over 12 oz dry with this plant, Out of 10 reg AK48 seeds, got 5 to sprout, 4 males and only one female which was this plant. Happy with the plant, but germination rates sucked. Also had 10 Wonder Woman which not one germed. Had some Rhino too, 4 germed all males. So out of 30 seeds got one good one, but what a good one it is.

Attached Files:

15. Cloning AK48 is by far the easiest strain to clone, 100% success rate everytime.

16. Dude, that guide said to literally pee in your soil mixture... My what big teeth you have lol
    (^in vegetative growth section)

17. Nice grow man...Tough break on the ratio's....:eek:
    Just flushed and ready to harvest the last of my (2) AK 48 next week. These two lady's are 63 day's into flowering and I just want to move on with my other grows...C-99, Kalaskanova and Mandala Ganesh,,,:smoke:

18. Checked out you grows man, you done good.

19. I grew AK-48 a few years back and agree with the comments in this thread. It was only one pack of 10 so could be those of us in this thread did not find a keeper. If I recall Nirvana's AK-48 seeds are f2s, so there would be more genetic variation compared to the originals and you'd have to grow more to find that original keeper mom's genetics. I didn't find a keeper in mine, but it was also one of my first grows. Other than that the plant was beautiful and a pleasure to grow. I would definitely go for the original f1 genetics if I grew it again.

Helped a friend harvest a grow recently and he had ak-47 from clone grown. The plant looked incredible but smoke was just good not great -- of course it was also his first grow and I think they could have used another week or two before the chop to reach their full potential. I would love to find that original knock your dick in the dirt ak-47 I hear bragged about so much.