Aeroponic model 4Z0 Stoner Experiment #1745188 rev_2.b

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by trojangrower, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Its guna be sweet to see how they do! Getting itchy just waiting lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pinch and a punch for the first of the month,
    DSC01791.JPG
    Just a steady grow now. Had the ppms too high fluctuating between 900-1000ppm (0.5 factor) but I backed it off to 820 or so. Can see some burns, but maybe a lil warm and kinda bright. Dr.Lux says between 50-60K at the canopy, maybe not so high at the edges.

DSC01793.JPG
    Closeups really showing the burns. Calcium? maybe, but I think if thats the case, its probably from too much K since its been getting lots of Calmag. Its getting warmer here, canopy hitting max heat (26C) so I leave the door open, but that will attract dust and duff :/
    Anyhow, 2nd wave of pistils just ending now. Will we get a third wave?

• Like Like x 2
  3. I did get them today
    DSC01795.JPG
    not flimsy, built better than I thought they would be. I opened the package outside the house, and washed the items... they came from NY so I'm being wary.

Now the question is do I mess with my plant to install or should I wait till the next run?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Getting very hot if I don't open the door, which means more dust/duff floating around :/ oh well.
    I added about 100W of lighting to two sides of the plant and increased lux between 60-70K.
    Here's a top shot
    upload_2020-5-3_16-42-19.png
    right side
    upload_2020-5-3_16-42-47.png
    left side
    upload_2020-5-3_16-43-21.png
    upload_2020-5-3_16-44-2.png
    according to the calendar, it should be another 3 weeks until I even consider harvesting. Kinda worried about the heat. I don't want to buy a portable AC as they are really not efficient and would prefer a window unit, but I don't have the room outside the window. I could try more fans, or maybe I will rewire the qb96s so that I can place the drivers somewhere else.

• Like Like x 3
  5. DSC01912.JPG
    DSC01916.JPG
    tumblr_naj5cdhlvO1tjsogwo1_500.gif

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  6. thx bro, I think they are near done, trichomes are almost there...
    suppose to be another week of flower left, but its been getting too hot in there and I think that's what sped them up too much.
    I blame my wife, its easier that way.

• Like Like x 2
  7. #88 trojangrower, May 11, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
    DSC01944.JPG
    Should I hack her down? I was going to wait just a lil longer...
    upload_2020-5-11_15-24-29.png
    I decided to chop off the circled bud... the outlier.
    DSC01947.JPG upload_2020-5-11_15-42-20.png
    Just should maybe just wait until Saturday.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  8. And on the chop now or a couple days
    I don't think it'll make a huge difference either way but they look done from where I'm sitting

• Like Like x 2
  9. yea, sometimes that outside perspective is needed. I can judge other people's weed easy, not attached to it, but your own plant... not as easy. And that's a thing for me, always kinda bugs me killing the girls... oh well, c'est la morte.
    Personally, idk how you do it bro. I finally got to laying ditre and some tile in my room and now my back argh. Decided to chill today and tile the entire thing tomorrow instead, in one go. Works out better that way I think. Prob back hurts from sitting too much heh.
    imma wait another day see what it looks like tomorrow. I'm not going to change the res though, that was the final feed, but I may dilute it a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm the same way I drag my feet at the end. Hell , she's part of the family after 4 months of care. Lol
    What says done to me is the picture of the whole field they look so swelled up they can't possibly get any bigger. The whole plant looks ripe prime for the picking. Looks easy to process also nice flower to leaf ratio.

And it's always best to lay your whole main field of tile at once, harder to come back the next day and match up. Also daily stretching for your back especially if you're not working every day.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mmmmm :love-mj2:

I'd wait till Sat, but they are really close and I've probably chopped younger plants before.

I always cut a bit early myself because I like the racy high. I let my leaves yellow up a bit more then what you're getting but I also don't top the water off for the last 7-10 days or so. Have they stopped feeding? I use how much they eat/drink to kinda tell me too. If I'm uncertain I'll chop it in stages, take the tops but let the underbuds get some direct light for a week or so. They look very tasty haha!

• Like Like x 2
  12. There is hardly any underbrush so stage cropping is out of the question. Oh I think I'm in the harvest window. I'm tiling today, so I'm not messing with the plant, but I checked up on it. The res is sittin at ph~5.8 and the ppm was >1000 (!) so I backed it off to 800 with some RO water. She gets no more feed, but she can enjoy the last of the res. I don't think there's a good reason for me to run 100% water through the res unless its for 1/2 hour; ie. I don't think I will flush. I find starving my plants hard on them, and they get weak sometimes get mold... no thanks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Nice run TG

• Like Like x 3
  14. I did a res change because I want a clean finish, therefore
    I added 10L RO + 2L tap water (ie. 12L ~3gal) + 10mL Calnesium + 60mL Bloom (0-6-4). The reason I did this is to lower the EC (to 690ppm) but also to assure the plant has enough KP for the last couple days. No nitrogen except for what is in the Calnesium (2-0-0). ph was 5.68-5.72. so close...

• Like Like x 2
  15. those are some thick buds and they look super sticky :D

• Like Like x 2
  16. Further diluted to ~550 ppm and adjusted ph to ~5.9. One more day...

17. I can't wait to see the end result. I'm seriously leaning towards Aweioponic on one side of my 4x8 tent and soil on the other side.

I have QB led's total of 960 watts in the tent.
    Do you think it'd be fine to do aeroponic on one side and organic soil on the other side?

• Like Like x 1
  18. yes you can. I did a 2x4 grow in a similar system for my super lemon haze grow. Worked nicely, although you should probably place the reservoir outside the tent.