Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Advise or help with edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Vic Boss, Jan 4, 2021.

1. #1 Vic Boss, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    Okay, this one is confusing...

So, I smoke - like a lot. Anywhere from 1.5-3g on a really conservative day and dabs don’t get me any higher than bud and never has. Smoking hash or even really good quality moon rocks does the same thing to me that bud does and it’s the same with wax, as I said - it’s a lung issue at this point and not enough people talk about that online. All you ever see is stuff about tolerance breaking, but I’ve seen people with ridiculous tolerance get smacked by the right bong because it made them inhale a little different than normal - anyhow, I’ve been there and done that, that’s the point. Regardless - I’m trying to go on a break from smoking for a bit and Ive seen so much positive stuff with edibles that I figured I’d give it a shot. Here’s the deal - I’ve eaten edibles 4 times and only felt it once and it’s really bothering me because I’m jealous and I’m trying to switch to edibles for a minute to give my lungs a well needed break. I’m going to list my experiences for diagnosis:

- The first time was a batch of brownies that 1/2 oz was used on and cut into 12, I ate 1 and nothing - sold the rest. Everyone except for my friend and I were high until the next day at work, we got headaches. Hadn’t smoked.
    - Second time was the narliest, cannabuttered up grilled cheese you’ve ever eaten (that I made in Washington) and it just made me tired, nothing else. Might’ve smoked, don’t remember.
    - The Third time was the charm. It had been a week and a half without weed and found 3 30mg gummy squares, ate them all and within the hour I felt a slight tingle, didn’t get over a 4 or 5 on a 1-10 scale so hardly noticeable, but I did feel something and it was clearly different than normal. Definitely hadn’t smoked.
    - The fourth time was yesterday. I made brownies, I made 2 batches and there were 14 altogether. 9 in one batch and 5 in the other (one brownie was huge, should’ve been 6). I used 14gs of around 14% flower (decent quality, not great) in a little over 2 sticks (235g) of 17% fat unsalted Irish Butter and came out with a little under 2 sticks (175g is what I had & 2 sticks is 226g) of cannabutter (51g of difference). I used a bit over a stick in the first and half a stick on the second batch, ate 2 yesterday on an empty stomach and nothing. Hadn’t smoked in 12 hours.

Onto the point of this post. I need this to work out for my lungs - just lost one of my parents, so I am not about to quit and I’m highly anxious right now as I’m posting this from holding off on smoking for 2 days. I can’t tb for very long (at least functionally) because I use cannabis in place of anxiety and sleep meds (because doctors don’t like to prescribe them anymore, only depression meds that give you a headache from hell for weeks if it doesn’t mix with your system). I’m not in a state where I can just walk into a dispensary and buy whatever, that’s the other side of the country. What is wrong with me? I have a high metabolism and skinny, but I’m muscular . For what it’s worth - I’m usually pretty tolerant to anything as 2 of something is 1 for me, even with pain pills. Everything is like that except for maybe ambien (I’ve had it before and a little less was more in that case). I’m not sure if that’s relevant, but it’s digestion so I figured it might be.

As of right now I’m 2 brownies and 3 hours in on a full stomach today and nothing. It’s driving me insane because I could tell I would really enjoy it based off of the little bit I felt with the gummies. My birthday is this month and it’d be awesome to have some birthday brownies ^_^ having said that - at the very least, I’d like to know how many MGs of THC are in each brownie. I’ve tried calculator after calculator, as well as manually calculating and it all gets different results, some drastically and some not so drastically and none plainly correct. I know it can’t be precisely figured out because of the nature of extraction, but I’d like to know generally speaking about how much is in each brownie. MG wise not bud weight wise. More so, I’d like to know why I felt it that once and I can’t get anything off of 100s of MGs of THC any other time. So many people say tolerance has nothing to do with it, it’s digestion and absorption based on your factors of metabolization. Whatever the case is, I need help. If there is a sure fire edible that will work, could someone include that as well? Any help would be immensely appreciated!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I'm sorry to hear about to your issues. I hope it will get better in the future.
    We are all a bit different when it comes to edibles. Some need to have them before they eat, some after and for some it dosent matter. (like me)
    Next time, try to have them before you eat.

I do recommend you to try it a bit more. I stopped smoking two years ago. I just do edibles now and i never looked back after i started.

A bulletproof receipt for edibles can be found here:
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Regarding your tolerance. If you smoke 1,5g to 3 grams on a normal day, thats quite a bit if the flower/hash is potent. This will interfere with the effect of your edibles. So yea, try to stay away from smoking while you do edibles for a few weeks. They sure work nicely then. Thats the nice part of ganja. It allways work if you dont overdo it :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. How are you making these brownies??? Are you decarbing the marijuana before mixing it with the brownie mix???

If you don't decarb the weed that could be why edibles are hit & miss for u...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Smoking doesn't effect ur edible tolerance dude... It's a whole different thing lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 Vinni, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    I don't agree,but i'm just saying it based on my own experience on from what i read on forums online. I dont have any data to back it up though. Maybe someone else here do :)

Edit:
    I don't have time to google too much right now. This was the best i found. It's not research but i guess they would know what they are talking about.
    https://thegreenerinstitute.com/education/the-effects-of-edibles-by-dosage-and-tolerance/

• Like Like x 3
  6. Check out the hash capsules. I’d be really surprised if they don’t do the trick for you. :metal:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. It's a fact dude lol edibles go through your liver smoke goes through your lungs.., you could smoke a lb a day & have the highest tolerance in the world, but a 10mg edible could still destroy you:laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  8. but i think in the end the different types of THC connects to the same receptors in our bodies regardless of how we consume it?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Smoked is Delta-9-THC
    Eaten your Liver changes Delta-9-THC into it's much stronger version
    11-Hydroxy-THC
    This is 5 times stronger and lasts 10 times as long.

Decarb first 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered
    Weed-Hash roasting in the oven on a cookie sheet uncovered

5 grams of decarbed Kief or Hash or Powdered Buds
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Done

Foolproof.
    1 drop = 3mg made with Hash or Kief.

Take 1 drop and wait 90 minutes
    if nothing take 2 more drops and wait another 90 minutes
    if nothing take 4 more drops and wait another 90 minutes
    Take 8 drops
    Take 16 drops
    Keep doubling and waiting until it works
    it will work at some point and you'll be to fucked up to walk or talk.
    Keep track of how much it takes and that is your baseline
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I make these from 160 micron dry ice Kief for maximum strength.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I've been struggling to get edibles to work for me as well. I made a batch of weed caps once that worked but nothing since. I don't get it either, has to be something with my body.

I will say I'm not done experimenting yet. I've got some kief to decarb for making caps and I'm gonna hold off giving up until I've had those at least. I'm hoping they'll kick me in the ass for a nice high.

11. Captn we know the recipe works. Way to many people use it to excellent effect.
    Keep cranking up the dose until it hammers you.
    My wife is ripped at 3mg. I'd need 300mg to be as ripped.
    4 of my hash caps would do it.
    I would need 2 grams of Buds to do that much damage to me.
    1/2 gram of hash-kief.
    You know lower doses don't do shit so start at 1/4 to 1/2 gram.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  12. ive been through this. something about butter edibles didnt work with my body. tincture and gummies work for me. i made a whole ounce worth of butter once and didnt get anything off of it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Do the 1 gram Hash test.
    Decompress the Hash before decarb.

Decarb 1 gram of Kief or Hash. 240 F for 40 minutes
    Mix with 1 teaspoon of cooking oil. (Coconut hit fastest)
    Add 1/6th lecithin if possible

Chill in fridge till solid
    Cut into 4 sections
    Eat 1
    Wait 2 hours
    Eat the 2nd quarter
    Wait 2 more hours
    Eat the last 2 sections.

This is 500mg and at some point it should work.
    This would have me on my knees crying for my momma.
    If it doesn't your a FAIL and one of the few on the planet
    Play the Lottery !!

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  14. lol! im not familiar with decompressing hash. guess ill google er'. this sounds hard. :poke:

15. Probably just breaking up clumps. Mine comes out like powder, but quickly it forms clumps. A fork works good for busting up the clumps.

16. Decarb your weed first.

17. Real commercial Hash is pressed into plates about an inch thick
    To decompress apply flame to a corner of the block and heat. Rub hot spot between thumb and fingers to expand. Repeat as needed.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  18. Oh yeah, definitely decarbed - went through the process on my toes as precisely as I could like I had a USP pressed against my dome lolz 2 days ago altogether I had eaten 860 MG of THC and I barely felt anything at all. After reading on it, apparently there are 3 genotypes that metabolize THC differently. 1 of them rarely gets much of any sort of therapeutic use from the digestion of THC due to the fluctuation of CYP 450 enzymes in the body. Certain medications and foods are inducers and inhibitors of this group of enzymes, my best bet is probably to try one and then the other if it doesn’t work. I have Celebrex (for pain, but not narcotic) and it’s an inhibitor, so wth why not? Maybe it’ll help. Grapefruit juice and alcohol are either inhibitors or inducers (I forgot) either way - that’s why they make certain medicines stronger, so it’s worth a shot. I know it wouldn’t boost a smoking session by much, but if it’s all being digested in the same place and it’s helping with a conversion of THC, I can’t see why it isn’t worth trying. And yes, I know not to mix Celebrex with more than a glass of alcohol at most. Oh and I do wanna try that, what do you think is the best method for getting as much hash as possible to make the hash capsules?

19. I used to get really high from edibles. I don't feel anything anymore. I have wasted so much good weed trying to make strong edibles. And yes, of course I decarb it first.

20. Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO
    I built the Hashmaster 5000 just for this job.

BNW

• Like Like x 1