Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

[Advice] Cooking with Honey Oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Crazy Pothead, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Hi City, it's been a while, too long in fact. Anyways, I have a new hook up for a gram of oil for 15-20 dollars a gram and this stuff is absolutely mind blowing, it's butane made honey oil.

My question is this, I've never had any luck making edibles(with just plain herb, making canna-butter), the strength was never enough to feel anything more than a bit of a body high... So I was wondering if any of you have any recipes that are best made with oil. Currently I'm thinking of trying to get the oil into canola oil by heating it up to a about 180F. One thing I'm really interested in getting it into is milk, cause then I can make cream sauces and deserts... So ya, any advice and/or recipes would be great, in particular what temperature/duration I should heat to/for.Thanks in advance :wave::smoking:

P.S. Anyone who's gonna rip on butane made oil, just take a hike, you're uneducated(my stuff is made properly with high quality butane).

2. Have alook at bhang, its a great way of preparing edibles that doesnt require heat (like firecrackers), and im sure it could be frozen into a desert, or whipped into a cream.

As far as Edibles with oil go, have alook in your supermarket for Choclate cake mixs. Alot of them require only two extra ingrediants, an Egg or two, and a spoonfull of oil. (oil is what makes Choclate cakes feel "moist")

3. #3 Crazy Pothead, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010
    Thanks for the post, but what I'm really looking for is how to get the honey oil into oil/milk/butter/whatever... Making it into stuff afterwards is the easy part :D

P.s. IIRC you have to cook firecrackers too, the THC has to be heated to bond to a fat molecule(the oil in peanut butter).

4. Wouldnt substituting the cooking oil with the honey oil in a cake mix work (and perhaps make up the difference with real oil to get the full "1 table spoons" worth)?

5. I thought about that, but my worry is that there will be a glob of honey oil and it won't be evenly distributed in the food, or worse, not bonded to a fat molecule, so it won't even be absorbed when eaten.

6. Melt the honey oil in butter, the use the butter.

7. Thanks, but that's not enough information, I was hoping someone could tell me how many grams of honey oil per stick of butter, and how long to boil/melt them for, and if it wasn't boiling than hat temperature to use.

8. you can melt into butter but i will say this...

BHO has fewer CBD then ISO hash oil

so your edibles will not have as much a body high as they should

the BHO contains mostly THC because the solvent that was used to abstract it doesnt eat plant material (where majority of cbd is) as much as ISO or would be in bubble hash.

but try it! you might like it! BHO makes me feel paranoid when i use it.

I would make rice crispy treats with it

oh yeah 1 gram per stick to start... or 1 gram to 1 jet puff 7 oz container depending if its incredible or just ok

9. Well as for how much, potency in honey oil varies greatly, use whatever your willing to use. Theres no time involved, melt some butter, the drop in the hash and stir till melted and mixed, thats it. use as much butter as your recipe calls for.

10. Cooking with BHO seems like a bad idea to me. Butane might still be left in the product and I wouldn't feel safe consuming butane. I'm not 100% sure on this though.. :confused: