Absolute Beginners Compendium of Helpful Links.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Etchi, Jul 24, 2010.

1. How do you find out, seed died ?
    moved it from the paper towel and the time between the seed leaving the paper towel and going to soil was approximately 2 mins.

2. Also what's the outer limit for sprouting and after that I should give up on the seed ?

3. I mean....I have heard of them not popping until like 10 days later.....those are older seeds though....and NOT LIKELY to pop if it hasn't already.......from my experience

Do you have a pic of the pot its in?

4. Pic I'll be able to share after 8 hrs only. I'm at work at this moment of time.
    So you are suggesting if it didn't happen till now it won't happen at all. I was planning on keeping it till the weekend and if doesn't over till the weekend, I'll remove it and start over again.

5. yeah.....i mean....There could have been a few different things that happened....but it SOUNDS LIKE you might have damaged the tap root some how...and it was too much to recover from..

6. T
    Tap root was practically half a cm or 0.75 cm long. So it's hard to say I damaged that.
    The only thing is it just cracked open and a small white tap root visible when I put it in soil

7. Mine looked like that when i underwatered/overwatered. How are you watering and how much? I always water mine till some water comes out . They say 10 to 20% but who knows that? I just water until it comes out and dont water again until the soil is dry on the 1st few inches. Reach on the edge and grab some soil about half way down. *careful to aviod roots if they are present skip this* if there are roots grab some soil on the 1st few inches .

Does the soil stick to your hand when you squeeze it pretty hard? Does it clump up or just fall apart? If you squeeze the soil and water runs out then thats over watered. If it falls apart crumbles its under waterd . You want the soil to be saturated so when you squeeze the soil hard a few drops of water come out not a small stream or trickle. By looking at the dirt looks under waterd by the dry spots and possibly under nutrients or over nutrients. What is the ph on the water you are feeding them? Are you using any nutrients? But i could be wrong newb here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Hi every one, hope your day is going well. I'm an absolute newbie.. Getting ready for my first grow. Can any body direct me onto the best way to grow in canna coir medium.. Please.. Indoors obvs.. Tia

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

9. Hi Etchi, The links were really helpful but can you please send me some more links to know about marijuana in simple terms. I am really new to it.

10. Found some good guides on on of the sites I've used a few years ago. Good information. Really well detailed and informative. Especially the pest management stuff I thought.

Pest Management

Polyploids

Cloning