Absolute Beginners Compendium of Helpful Links.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Etchi, Jul 24, 2010.

1. @Etchi or anyone else on this thread really; does anyone happen to have 'Grandpas 420 grow guide' seems to be giving me an error message when trying to access. was halfway through writing notes on it :/

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. There is a link showing for Fox Farm users that is broken. Does anyone have the link?

3. Some of the links to the threads don't work anymore, in a sense that the thread can no longer be found. :(

4. Any good seed co. That sells seeds less the 10 in a pack not wanting more then I'm ready for cantaloupe find any I feel safe ordering from in the us

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. hello harvesting world, I'm a newbie and have constructed a 4x8x6 grow room in my garage. I only plan on using a 4x4 grow area and want to put 2 5gallon dwc, with a 600w hps. I live in the most southern part of the United States and it tends to stay between 95 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit during the summer and fall months. I was wondering if using a window unit to help maintain temp and help with ventilation with addition to the 600w hps exhaust hood, also intake. Any advice is good advice at this point. Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hello. I know this post is a bit old but the advice could never hurt.

The grow area you made is large. Good for a large grow but if you're starting out with two 5 gal dwc's then I would recommend reducing your grow area for now. Here's why:

A 600w HPS ia good for covering an average area of 3'x3'. You want as much of that light on your plants as possible. So reducing the area will allow the light to reflect off the walls back to your plants. Assuming you have a reflective material like maylar or panda film. If you're on a budget then paint the walls white.

As far as temp goes, I ideally go for 75°-85°. So the window unit is highly recommended. I'd try to get the temp in your garage down to 70°-75° then all you need is passive intake for your grow area. That with good exhaust should help keep the temp down because hps generate a lot of heat.

You want a negative air pressure system. Meaning that you're circulating air at a good rate (more out than in). So at minimum whatever exhaust you set up you want to move the air at least once every three minutes. Some people do more but it just depends. I would do some research in calculating cfm for your grow area to get a better understanding.

I hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Germination 420 guide is hecka dead. Anyone got a copy saved?

8. Just throwing this up here i could really use some advice on my first time grow if anyone checks my forum out id really appreciate it

9. [​IMG]
    Click my pic to my profile ...many FREE grow books in my link

Good Luck

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. I have pretty significant health concerns, and I also love smoking good herb. This is my first time seriously growing. I purchased Some OG kush auto flowering seeds from a respectable seller online. I’ve also set up my 2x2x4 grow tent with ventilation set up, 400 watts worth of fluorescent light bulbs for seedlings, and a 1000w LED for veg and flower. Judging from the countless forums I’ve read online, I will be using Fox Farm potting soil and main 3 nutrients throughout my grow.

I have many questions since it’s my first time going head on into the abyss of cannabis growing. First, i realize auto flower seed don’t require a specific schedule of light, but is there any useful methods that someone could suggest. Second, I’ve read some negative reviews in regards to fox farm souls and auto flower; that it may be too hot of a soil to even necessitate using nutrients. If that is so, I don’t have very many places I could go to get better soils (one Walmart and one tiny garden center), so any suggestions would be most appreciated. Third, any simple schedule (i.e. watering, watering and feeding, lights and light power) that would produce good results will really help me in my quest to growing my own medicine.

I guess that last question was more of a request that a simple quid pro quo. Wait her way, I hope my post will bring me much appreciated advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Whats wrong with my plant pkease help only one is doing this rhankd in advanced im an amature btw 20190328_010855.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Have you watered and coverd tyat leaf in nute water?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wow, this is such an awesome resource. Thank you so much friend. You deserve a medal haha.

• Like Like x 2
  14. the easiest way to grow Marijuana is to use Seed sprouters Growing kit!!! or aerogarden. There are also automatic machine to grow greens.

15. This is an incredible resource on cannabis Vostok! So many links... Thank you very much Man!

• Like Like x 3
  16. You can buy soil on amazon.

17. That’s my guess to. Even tap water & outdoor sun will do this

18. Hi guys,
    This is the only place I feel I'll get the right answer.
    I dipped my seed in a glass of water and it was at the bottom of the glass when I looked at it after 18 hrs.
    Then used the paper towel method and the seed cracked open with a small tail.
    I prepared my grow tent using organic soil + perlite in the ratio 70-30.
    Watered my soil until it was following out of one end, left it for one day and sowed my seed half a inch the next day.
    I put in the soil with a small tail at the end of it , probably between half and a cm.
    My grow tent conditions are 85F and moisture at 90%.

There is no sprouting yet , can some one help me where I'm going wrong?

5th day in running

19. it sounds like something must have went wrong between the paper towel and you planting it......might have dried out and died