Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A simple product that really works. (Press)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Deleted member 638051, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Fruit Press.
    **Requires no electricity.**
    *Very simple to operate. *Very easy clean up. *Very minimal mess. *Well built/Simple design.
    *Stainless-Kitchen quality. *Stows easily.
    **2 cups of coconut oil in = 2 cups of coconut oil back out.** = Efficient.

This is my own personal experience using this thing to squeeze oil and butter from bud and trim.

Just passing this along because I'm tickled pink. I've done a couple pounds squeezing through this this season. Sponged clean with dish soap and water, put away, looks like it was never used. Sure made easy work of extracting.
    If I ever work up to the large size I'll probably figure some way to attach a rotisserie motor to it. But for now I can tell you the small one works like a dream.

104332453_872102046533491_1426360709968516451_n (2).jpg
    104607992_942282839533940_7029565133177859168_n (2).jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Would beat the Potato ricer I'm using to squeeze tincture with.
    Very nice.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Beats the hell out of mashing through coffee screens like I was doing. And only getting half back.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Does anyone else use hot water to get the last of the oil off buds after extraction?

I mostly use concentrates for medibles now days, but I used to use a mesh nut bag to squeeze the oil out of weed, then dip the bag in hot water.

The hot water melts the oil, and you can squeeze out a lot more oil. Then cool off the water in a freezer.

The oil coagulates on the surface of the water and can easily be scooped up, dried on a paper towel, and it's ready to use.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IDK, I heard water weakens or works against the process somehow, so I just keep everything toasty warm when working with it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You may be thinking about extracting with water present. Something that used to be advised when making butter. The theory goes that water won't let an infusion surpass 212F. It's an idea that has pretty much fallen out of favor now days.

What I'm talking about is different. This is post extraction and merely to get the oil out of weed with hot water, then seperate the oil from water through controlling the temperature.

If your getting almost all the oil out with your press I wouldn't bother either, but it's a valid way for some of us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Just thinking.....
    Pressing the oil from trim with this thing, It leaves a hard cake at the bottom. When I remove the cake it feels very dry to the touch.
    Using a measuring cup at 2 cups of oil or butter for crock pot extraction, after pressing I still get a measured 2 cups return. (Just eyeballing the increments on the measuring cup)
    I might try soaking the cake in warm water to see if I get another spoonful or whatever. Just to satisfy curiosity.
    I'm really sold on this little gadget. But then, I'm someone who would get a lot of use out of it. And I'm the kind of guy who insist on doing everything within a shoe string budget. It literally takes an act of congress to pull my hands out of my pockets. Well.... for most things anyways.

• Like Like x 2
  8. That IS a clever way of getting that last bit of oil out as it were.
    It took me a few tries to get a high yield way to get the last of the tincture/Alcohol out that is trapped in the weed after making tincture. This press could negate most if not all of the steps I'm doing now.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1