A person from EU going to US to get a job in Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by dmtrikush, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Im from a really backwards country in EU. I want to know if its possible for me to get in the marijuana industry in the US. I am looking for advice im only 19yo and want to take my steps in life carefully to achieve my dreams. Im always researching and expanding my knowledge about marijuana cultivation, extraction and many things. I also work with mycology and a little bit of bucket chemistry (although IDK if they will ever come in handy for marijuana?) I thought about going to marijuana colleges or take courses to get certifications? Documenting grows with detail to put in my CV? Any advice would be appreciated, my end goal is to own my own brand.
    Maybe documenting my trimming and just trying to get better at every expect of growing, harvesting will make my chances of getting hired higher?

• Like Like x 1
  2. From what I've seen on here it's hard enough to get into the legal Marijuana business as an experienced grower let alone starting out with nothing on your CV & being from somewhere it's illegal:confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
  3. oh man, where you are born is destiny and I have not lucked out in that aspect. Fuck. In any case Im gonna try my best with building my CV and try to get right in US somehow so I can try to get jobs in the industury

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Hey man! Keep on your dream.

I know that if you want to work in us you might need experience/scholarship background that is requested. I would suggest studies in soil as base background.

You could contact companies and ask them what background is requested to get an idea ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

5. This might interest you dude...

There is colleges/courses you can take that would help you get a foot in the door of the industry.. I'd say doing that would be your best bet dude :smoke: & welcome to GC
    :gc_rocks::gc_rocks::gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wait until u are 21. Come to the USA. Go to Oregon or Washigton and get your marijuana workers card. Work your way up from farm hand to mastergrower. Good luck brother. All u need is good work ethic and b 21

7. If you ain't qualified then you won't be wanted, Merican's are ruthless at capitalism, beside Mexican and drug users are a dime a dozen, Amstradam has the Cannabis University, and you can still study Horticulture in your country a subject that means you never starve, and will get you in the door of the weed world

good luck

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. If u never have worked at a commercial weed farm don't answer his questions. I have. Wait until 21 and goto Oregon and I promise u will have a job

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. As I understand it, because cannabis is still illegally federally, working in the cannabis industry could make you ineligible to immigrate to the USA, because you would have been involved in producing/selling a (federally) illegal drug.