5x5 QB96 V2 Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by OldRoot, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Yoooooooooo

Getting ready to start a new grow its not my first but i'm sure it will be my best. I have always had issues with yields i never seemed to get what everyone else claimed to get. This time i'm all in, my equipment is below chime in with any questions or concerns comments etc... Be gentle LOL

I used a 600w HPS in a 4x4 in the past and never got anything more than may 6 oz at the most and never in 60-70 days

Lighting
    4 QB96's V2 Drivers with Heat sinks

Power
    4 HLG-320h-54a

Hydro
    5g Buckets
    28G reservoir

Plants
    4 ( I have various old school strains)

Nutes
    GH 3 part ( suggestions big time)
    cal-mag

thats the basics, Pics coming soon....

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I’ve never watched a full season. I’ll watch the highlights every once n awhile and be here for the Super Bowl.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Subbed up nice to see seasoned blade give it a good shot.

• Like Like x 2
  4. what!? I been so enjoying this heh heh...

ok. @OldRoot you need to start a journal. Call on some of us to join you there, I will come when I can. I'm not reading anything of yours until its in your journal. I Love you. Now Love me back :D

This sativa ROCKS!!!
    HD, come critique my buds lol. Happy New Years soon :D sooo on it!

• Like Like x 1
  5. lol I seriously thought this was HD's thread

you got a good list already @OldRoot , but I'd add some beneficial organisms and some silica.

Also, some good information is here
    QB96ELITE V2 ***No BS, information only***

3-part eh... I got good success with good ole 3 part, but i want to try lucas formula one day too.

whatcha doing with the 5 buckets. I'd grow one or two plants in that space, but everyone already knows that.

6. I'm double broiling some iso atm.

• Like Like x 1

7. 4, 5 gallon buckets.. 2 plants????

• Like Like x 2
  8. yup. sounds right, but better to just use 2 buckets and get some two coolers as their res'.

9. Thanks everyone it's a long ride, so come visit when ya can.... and please tell me of these beneficial organisms and silica you speak of! Lol

• Like Like x 3
  10. unless u just run two plants off one res...
    best just one bucket and one cooler.

u should use bennies. u need a cooler too. hydro done @ 68F, even colder for some systems.
    Beneficial microbes, I've spend money on, but have successfully used the cheaper stuff... well...

• Like Like x 2
  11. I have a chiller so that should help with water temps

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. this I get for cheap and its a wettable powder
    upload_2019-12-30_22-0-23.png
    and has like 18 strains of mycorrhizae.
    The other stuff I use is more expensive,
    upload_2019-12-30_22-1-8.png
    most people jsut use hydroguard, or gff or whatever that is.
    I'm a Canuck, so some of that stuff is restricted or just stupid expensive.

I'm also on the fence about 'switch the res after a week'. idk about that anymore. I added some stones to keep the bennies in the res,
    these things,
    upload_2019-12-30_22-2-35.png
    but just a few pieces of lavarock/pummice would have been much cheaper and worked prob the same.

• Like Like x 1
  13. You only need 1 320h-54A driver to power two qb 96 v2s. I think I will follow this journal. Just had my first successful indoor grow. Did a couple seasons outdoors and did ok. Anyways check out the hlg saber 100s I use them with my qb 96s.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I use them to keep the bennies in my fish tanks, never thought to try them in hydro.

• Like Like x 1
  15. this rig works really good. one bucket, and one cooler. Fill a 4x4 really fast.
    upload_2019-12-30_22-4-41.gif
    but I'm also just finishing up on a similar method without sprayers and results are pretty nice; better than the coco plants, and way better than the 'powergrower'.

• Like Like x 3
  16. I didn't know the aquarium needed it too lol. maybe that's why mold grew out of that fishes head.
    Anyhow, you should have this (linked) article a read. eyeopener for me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tru, but I want the option to max them out and run at 200-250 without working my PS. The less work it does longer it should last. I spoke to HLG, and 1 320 will have it cranked up but will shorten the lifespan of the board running at max even with cooling

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ah ok makes sense then. Keep mine low for now haha. I wanted to try out their UVA light as well.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Use silica make sure not too much as it can poison the plant. I use bio weed and mammoth p probiotics. They make my roots explode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk