4X8 Mars Hydro TSW-3000 5 gallon fabric pots

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cyrusthevirus8, Apr 11, 2021.

1. New round of flowers in my 4X8 grow tent. I am ordering another TSW-3000 soon but will be utilizing my other 200 watt non full spectrum grow light for now. In the past I would only top feed during the process and saw nutrient deficiencies in the early stages of flowering. This round ended up amending the soil before the solo cup cuts were transplanted. I was out of Bone meal and Azemite which I usually add but will do next round for sure. In about a week I am going to be brewing a very simple compost tea that was inspired to be used by Cali Green and Mr. Canucks Grow on Youtube. Since the two of them strictly grow organic it seems like a no brainer to help the microbiology stay on point. Two of the plants are in 3 gallon fabric pots. These were the least strong out of the bunch. One is a Purple Urkle and the other I forgot to mark but it is one of the 4, I will figure it out at some point. I also took it upon myself to add to my love handles and make some cannabis choclolate chip cookies today. On to the photos!

This is what my mix consisted of:
    1.5cu/ft of Groundswell (usually has enough feed from the beginning for over 4 weeks about)
    8 Quarts of Lobster Compost
    5 Quarts Worm Castings
    5 Quarts Perlite
    1.25 cup Rose Flower 4-8-4

The Strains:
    Purple Urkle = Purple pipe cleaner
    Kama Kush = Orange pipe cleaner
    Blueberry = Blue pipe cleaner
    Jack Hearer = Red pipe cleaner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Day of transplant
    [​IMG]

2 Days after transplant
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. 2 Days after transplant:

The plants seem to like the new pots and are springing back from the transplant.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Day 4 in new pots.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Noticing the bottom leaves on some of the plants are dry, yellowing, and brittle. Since the tops are health I am going to monitor it and see the progression but as of now they all seem to be taking well to the new homes.

Day of transplant
    [​IMG]
    8th day since transplant
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yeah I am not using any "bottled" nutrients as feed. I am using Liquid Seaweed from Blue Planet Nutrients during the vegetative state and will be using Nectar for the gods Phosphate as we get closer to flipping to 12/12. I am relying heavily on the soil mix to do most of the feeding with compost tea's every so often.

• Like Like x 3
  6. I like your pipe cleaner color coding system. :RoorRip:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Day 10 of being in 5 gallon pots. You can see some purple light off to the right. I added my cheapo amazon light to help that right side get some more needed light. I had 2 runts that I wasn't sure were going to make it, that I transplanted into 3 gallon pots first as to not waste a lot of soil if they died. Those two plants have caught up to the rest of the bunch in size. I am always fascinated at how a plant can thrive in the correct environment.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. Thank you! I came up with it last minute this round. Most people tag but I dig the color coating system.

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. Day 11 Happy 4/20!!!

Noticed the flowers all perked up last night after I watered them. Then realized I have been under-watering them. I have been splitting a 2 gallon sprayer between all of them. Time to give them a bit more water and attention.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. yes, they have sprung up. That's my problem too. I keep them on the ragged edge, as far as watering, then I give them a good drink and they grow. lol. derp

I've been considering drip

11. Nice to hear I am not the only one, lol. Rather under water than over water at least. I actually have a drip system that I have yet to setup. That might be my goal for this week. It's nothing fancy but should get the job done. Otherwise I hope you have 2 blunts, joints, or bongs in each hand all day!

• Like Like x 1
  12. It's my greatest fault. I scorch them alot. Probably one of the worst things ever but at least its a quick way to die. Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. Day 12

Going to start watering them with the sprayer everyday instead of every other to start. They all are looking decently healthy on the tops. I went ahead and topped them all yesterday as well so they should start to fill out in the weeks to come and then more topping and using wire to let the lowers catch up.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Day 13

Some of the ladies looked a little droopy today. Watered them first thing as the lights came on to give them something to drink and sip on during daylight hours. Gonna keep up with watering them everyday in the mornings with my 2 gallon sprayer and see if that helps them stop drooping and the yellowing of the lower leaves. I would rather underwater than over water, but finding the fine line always seems to be the toughest for me in these early stages of root development. I am curious to see the quality of the blueberry since it seems to be the least healthy strain out of the bunch in the sense that it had yellowing leaves showing towards the bottom. Which is probably my fault or most certainly.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Day 14

Pleasantly surprised this morning when I checked on the plants to see them responding positively to watering them with the sprayer yesterday morning. Going to veg these for another 2 weeks at least roughly 1 month, and then flip to harvest to avoid having to re-pot them to 7 gallon pots if I decided to veg these out longer.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Just wanted to show a before and after without scrolling up and down between transplant Day vs Day 14. Nice to see the before and after, it really is night and day difference.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Christmas came early. I was watching a Cali Green video on YouTube this week when I heard him say that he had a discount coupon code with Mars Hydro since they were a sponsor for him. The discount worked on top of the 4/20 sale going on, so I ended up saving $75+ off the cost of another TSW-3000. I ordered it on a Wednesday and it was at my doorstep today. Shout out to Mars Hydro for incredibly fast shipping! The last one I ordered came from California and took over a week, so this was a different shipping experience this time around. Its nice to have symmetry in the tent with matching lights. On to the photos!

Must be Italian "Fragile"
    [​IMG]
    Have them both daisy chained together right under 50% draw at around 402 watts with two small fans running
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Day 16

I didn't water the plants yesterday as the tops of the pots seemed wet still. Today they looked more dry so I gave them all some water mixed with 2ml of liquid seaweed from blue planet nutrients. I raised the wattage on the lights by 300 watts up to around 700 for the next 2 weeks before flower. I am aiming for a short time in veg which lands the end of flower at the latest July 4th weekend.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3