3rd grow, silver haze, 5 females

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by preluda97, Nov 11, 2008.

1. #1 preluda97, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2008
    CLOSET GROW:
    -Four 26 W (100w equiv) Day light CFL's (VEGGING)
    -Four 26 W (100w equiv) Soft White CFL's (FLOWERING)
    -One 46 W (150w equiv) Soft White CFL (FLOWERING)
    -Limited with space so 3 gallon pots are being used
    -Organic Soil
    -No Nutes during Vegging stage
    -Flowering with nutes 15-30-15
    -Temperature during vegging between 80-90 degrees Fahrenheit
    -Temperature during flowering between 65-75 degrees Fahrenheit
    -Plants are rotated and misted with water a few times each day

Enjoy the pics....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Heres pics at about 2 weeks of vegging

Attached Files:

3. #3 preluda97, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2008
    FLOWERING PICS. pLANTS HAVE BEEN ON 12/12 FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS AND ARE BEGINNING TO DO THEIR THING

THEY ARE ABOUT A MONTH AND HALF OLD

5 FEMALES

Attached Files:

4. Theyre looking good for the amount of light you have on them.

Good work.

Good Luck.

5. what determines the rate at which they flower at?

2 of them have alot more female flowers and you can tell thier starting to bloom, but a couple of them the female flowers are just tiny and or only a few of em.

6. will you be getting more light or just doing all CFL?

7. your probably going to need to double the amount of light your using in order to flower them properly.. otherwise you'll most likely end up with light, airy buds

8. how many more cfl's would u say i need, im not going to switch them to hps or metal halide cuz i cant

9. For 5 plants... You'll need at least 300w in order to get fairly desireable bud. I'd say add 4 more 26 watters, more if possible but a minimum of 4.

10. At what point during the flowering stages can i start to trim the big fan leaves????

11. #11 preluda97, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2008
    So its been about 24 days in flowering, and i added an additional 46 w = 150 w equivalence CFL bulb in the middle of the fixture. 2 of the plants are flowering at a faster rate than the other three, but the other three are beginning to develop more female hairs and you can tell the shoots are clumping together. I have until around december 20th until i have to move out. so whatever i get at that time is what im going to have to deal with.

Still fertilizing with a 15-30-15 NPK ratio and will flush 2 weeks before chopping

Heres some pics, check it out, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

12. Do you think 4 26w CFLs would be enough to grow 2 plants that wouldnt get over 2 feet tall? I have an HPS on order but I think CFLs would be better cause the plants could get closer to the light without harm..what do you guys think?

13. definately, those 5 plants in there are about 3 feet tall each and ive had them vegging and flowering under 26 w = 100 w equivalence CFL's... day light for vegging, soft white for flowering. However, the more light the better.. for 1 plant i would minimally go with 100 watts per plant, The more light the better, i had recently put a 46 watt = 150 watt equivalence CFL in the middle of my light fixture, and its bright as hell, jsut figured i would add another in there.

I know alot of you guys will and do say that my lights will not be enough for flowering and will get airy flaky buds. but im just doing it to mess around and all i can say then. is that for the amount of light i have on them, they look great, all healthy, doin their thangs..

Someone give me props hahaha

14. #14 measuredhigh, Nov 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2008
    i got props for ya. my roommate is doing thaixhaze with all cfl's while i opted for a 150 hps and four 45 watt 3000k cfls. your shit is lookin good. heres a shot of mine at day 57. the plants in the corner are are habanero and a tomato. i think you will need more time but good luck with it! :smoke:

Attached Files:

15. some pics, 1 month and 2 weeks into flowering, flushing begins today and well see where we are in 2 weeks

Attached Files:

16. #16 Gizmoe, Dec 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008
    Too bad you cant let it go to maturity.....its looking good....but maybe next time...good luck man....btw for future grows with CFLs....might want to consider turning bulbs horizontally.....CFLs give off the most light from there sides....not the ends....i built a small inexpensive frame for mine...stop by my grow and check it out ....got some pictures of the light fixture with 14 cfls in it totaling 364 actual cfl watts.

• Like Like x 2
  17. new pics 12.9.08

The pics are of the two plants that are ahead of the budding stage, theres 2 more but they are still young.

Check em out, about 1 month and 2 1/2 weeks into flowering

Attached Files:

18. looking good man keep up the good work

19. Some Good lookin Bud you got there.

The CFL's seem to be doin you fine. As far as where there Brightest. Like Gizmoe said they are brightest on there sides where the most tube is. Are the Lights hanging above the plants? I would think it would be beneficial to drop the bulbs a little further down, almost between them if that makes sense. Obviously you dont want to drown out the light.

How far along will they be on December 20th? Super Silver is an 11 week cycle. Dude if you go 9 weeks (or something) and cut'em, your gonna be so Bummed.

Good Luck.

20. Your silver ladys look extremely tasty:smoke: