Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

|35g AVB, 2.5g Kief| Best extraction for single brownie batch?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by cmandial, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Just like the title says, I have around 35g of avb and a few grams of kief to make oil with.  I have made oil for brownies with about an O of avb before using BKS's extraction method, but I had to increase the amount of coconut oil I used in order to cover all of the avb while it was in the oven.  As a result, I wasn't able to use all of the oil in one brownie batch.  

How can I extract the thc/cbn from this much plant matter into only enough oil for one batch?

2. You can just eat abv mixed with youghurt or something! Use around 2 grams per serving, I done that and got quite high

3. Why not make oil out of the AVB and kief. just mix it all in well. even able to make it a bit thin to help it mix. I do know AVB has a burnt bitter taste so I don't know how much that would affect brownie taste.

4. Grind it to dust and get a smaller container to cook it in?

5. I am making oil out of it, my problem is that the plant matter to oil ratio is at the point where the oil does not cover all of the plant matter, and I only want to use enough oil for one batch

6. No sorry. Make an oil extraction. I use a 151 everclear. soak it for 3 or four hours and strain through coffee filter. I evaporate the 151 off in a double boiler. This can be mixed in anything.

7. Do an ISO wash, let all the water and iso evaporate and then add the oil to your ISOhash.

You can even mix and cook the brownies in the same pan as you made the hash in!

Just remember to keep your temps safely below 350!

This is how I do it every time I accumulate enough ABV bud, and my brownies always kick my buddies' asses.

8. Alright, I'll definitely try that

9. I know what you're saying.  Use 28 g and the kief (make sure to decarb the kief) along with the amount of oil the recipe calls for.  It doesn't look like there's enough oil sometimes, but as long as the weed is coated and you stir the mix a couple times during extraction, it will be fine.  Use cheesecloth and strain as much oil out as you can - usually you'll get around 2/3 to 3/4 of it back.  Now my little trick - take the weed and put it back into cheese cloth and get two glasses of water, one full.  Dunk the weed/cheesecloth in the glass of water and then wring it out into the other glass.  Keep repeating this until there's no more oil coming out.  The oil will be floating on the water - get a straw or turkey baster and take the water out.  At this point, you should have almost 100% of the oil back and it will be more potent than if you used additional oil.