2x2 tent setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by daro, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Im hooked up in my basement in northern new england. With the light alone and plants themselves my temp stays at 78 during day and drops to 68-69 at night. During the winter I moved tent closer to my furnace help with the heat. Worked fine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I like to break out the hps in the winter. Whether it be 400 watts in a 2x4 tent or 600 watts in a 4x4. I exhaust the tents warm air into my grow room. Keeps my grow room toasty when lights on. Leave the grow room door cracked open it helps warm the rest of the house. Make sure carbon filters are up to par.
    If I run LED in the winter I’m running a heater with it. If I run hps there’s no need for a heater until lights out when very lil heat is needed.

3. I thought about that option too, just upgraded to a 2x2.5 gorilla tent for the extra vertical space, wondering if a 150watt HPS would be good for that space or if I’d need to go bigger. trying to balance out the need for the extra heat when it gets cooler down there vs. light coverage vs. not generating too much heat in that small space

4. Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/QUOTE]
    temps sound good, what kind of light/tent setup?

5. I'd be interested in knowing the yield and usage differences for sure. I'm in between the two . 20/4.

Are you growing the same strain

6. I’ve got more of the raspberry kush seeds that I’ll run probably over the winter. tent is currently occupied by 4 clones that I cut from my 2:1 CBD run that’s going on outdoors, I was thinking about trying to keep a mother in case I like the smoke and flowering out the others indoors to compare against the outdoor results. I’m kind of all over the place right now, hoping to settle into a more seasonal routine at some point. Will post again though when I make the second run of raspberries

7. temps sound good, what kind of light/tent setup?[/QUOTE]Cheap apollo tent 2x4 electric sky 300 light and ac cloud line vent system. Hps is brilliant though would save me ruining my furnace at 70

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Yes, that unit is WiFi. I can check and adjust temps anywhere there’s cell service

9. I run a 150w HPS in my 2x2 with great results. Temp and humidity is always on point, I usually run 2 autos or 1 photo. My exhaust sits above the tent outside, carbon filter is inside at top. My HPS can go up another 4 or 5 inches, but I keep it about 7-8 inches from the canopy with no burning.

This is my current plant in the 2x2, Kre8 Genetics Pow Pow (MAC x Cake Popz) 20200716_200358.jpg 20200716_200352.jpg

10. damn that’s awesome, I just ordered one for $38 off amazon, it doesn’t mention WiFi, but it looks the same as yours...

11. whoa, that’s killer man! I may look into a 150 watt for the winter for the added heat after seeing/reading this

12. It definitely helps in the winter, and it never gets too warm in there even during the warmest days.

13. They sell a bluetooth version and a more expensive wifi version.

14. You could run a duct from the house so the air coning into the tent is warm and use a simple heating pad permanently to keep the base of the tent warm. You definitely want the fan on permanently because the cold air will cause severe damp, mould and rot if left for a few days unnoticed. If it is still a problem another option is using a traditional hps bulb 24/0 or 20/4 because the give off heat they may keep it warm.

15. So i stumbled onto a good open box deal on ebay and upgraded my tent from a 2' x 2' x 4' to a Gorilla Lite Line 2' x 2.5' x 5'7". Was really stoked to get the extra head space play around with, was definitely worried about any over zealous plants maxing out the 4' heigh of the older tent. The 2x2 i had setup on a custom shelf that brought to like hip height, with the new tent being taller i couldn't use that same system to get it up off the cold cement floor, so instead i cut some scrap foam insulation to put down underneath the drip flooring of the tent and help keep the plants asses warm. After reading all this stuff here i figure ill run the inkbird with a small space heater in the winter to help keep things warm. Maybe look into a 150 watt HPS if that doesn't work out this year. Anyone got any recommendations on good small space heaters for this rig?

Attached Files:

16. Gorilla makes a nice tent

• Like Like x 1
  17. I run my SF 1000's and my Autocobs 20/4 for my autos. My old blurples ran continuously. I liked that light schedule a lot.

All my fans run during the dark period. Do you have a window cracked for fresh air?

18. yea ive got the vent in the back of the tent wide open for passive intake.

19. I wasn't clear. I meant a window cracked in your grow room, since you have fan/filter outside of the tent.

20. My systems are pretty basic; main space is a 2 x 2 ft closet (house temps maintained at 77) lined with reflective insulation but not a sealed environment, running 20/4 with two Mars Hydro TS600 units with an oscillating fan on the shelf near the ceiling and a vortex fan on the floor.
    IMG_20200724_093007.jpg
    These four are fresh from the factory and will stay in the 8 inch containers for about a month before upgrading to the 2 gal pots beneath them. Routinely, I top once after the fourth nodes and aggressively LST to promote as much lateral growth before switching to 12/12 at about 60 days.
    IMG_20200207_075619.jpg
    Hopefully I'll be able to craft them much like this previous effort although they'll move to 5 gal rather than the half barrel pictured here.