2nd attempt. 4 clones from seed. 64 days of flower

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bud_Reaper_420, Apr 10, 2021.

?

Is flushing vital to a tastier better burning bud?

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No difference

66.7%
  1. Hey all! New to the forums and have had my hand at this for about six months now. I still do not know the strain despite wanting to claim myself a weed connoisseur. I'm thinking in my preplexion I may have Super Silver Haze here. Today is 64 days of flower. Well over 100 days old since cut and rooted for cloning.my question is does anyone recognize this strain or can help guide me on identifying it? The mother was at 54 days flower I believe but I cut it early because it was my first grow. I got buds outta it but I dont believe it was mature enough. Not enough cloudy trichomes etc.

Another question is I'm with growing fox farm nutes and the the 3 pack of flowering powder. Open sesame. Cha ching and beastie blooms. How long should I flush and are my pictures showing evidence of a flush? I'm new to this and despite how much I've read still have so much to learn. I have alot of cloudy trichomes. Half and halfs. And translucent amber trichomes. Looks better than alot of stuff. No nute feed in a week now and planning on another week of just watering. Have been watering for a week now. 4 gallons each time for lots of run off. 7 gal pots. Coco coir and perlite mix. Feeding was half strength nutrients 2 gallons feed. Ph 5.8 to 6.0. Usually when soil moisture indicator was near or in red when buried in pot. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!!!

2. Awe man thanks I've been fucking stressing this round. Last batch didnt taste so great. Dried for 7 days. Jarred for over 30. Just no good really.

3. Well it did taste fruity but mixed with something else chemically maybe. Salts. Idk. No darkness first time. And probably not a great flush either. Scared to use sledgehammer. Just want something good enough to smoke atleast this round

4. Here's a closer look

Attached Files:

5. One more

Attached Files:

6. SSH is 80% Sativa 11-13 weeks in flower.
    10 is enough and I've run it a few times. 50 odd days is just getting started. 64 days you have a ways to go IME if it is SSH.
    A USB microscope 40x and up is what you need. No such thing as to "Done" to me. They just get stronger and longer lasting the older they get. Eventually the plant starts to physically die and now it is my kind of done.

I don't flush. Never have, Never will.
    Slow dry is critical to good smoke. If dried to fast or to deep it won't cure ever.
    =====================================
    BrassNwood, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    [​IMG]
    < blockquote class="ipsBlockquote built" data-author="leagalAlaska" data-time="1447776815" data-cid="22166544"><cite class="ipb" style="display: none;" contenteditable="false">leagalAlaska, on 17 Nov 2015 - 08:13 AM, said:</cite>Over the last year or so I've had few successful harvests. I'm really working on my cure. It's really dry where I live in Alaska. The moisture just isn't in the air. I purchased a small humidifier to try to raise humidity in my drying room. I read that a dry should take 7-10 days. Usually mine are crispy with stems snapping in as low as 3-5. Then I move to mason jars, I burp them regularly about once a day for 5-10 minutes. No one has ever complained about my buds, most say it's the smoothest they have had and great flavor. I think I still need to get it better though. Is it drying too fast? And is it affecting the cure?

Also I always do a wet trim because I fine it to be the best way to trim. Down side to that is it dries faster, the more materiel I have the slower it dries. Any advice welcome!

< /blockquote> Your up against the same wall I was here in Southern California.. We get a local wind condition called a Santa Ana that blasts super dry desert air over the basin and out to sea.. The humidity drops into the single numbers and it was turning all my great smelling harvests to grassy smelling shit for the most part.. Even extended time in jars wasn't helping.. It took me a while but I did figure it out and your on the right track.. Slow dry was the key I needed..
    I wet trim as it's the best way to get all the crap off with every leaf standing tall.. Even a few minutes wait and they wilt more then I like.. So keep on trimming just seconds off the living plant.. It's the hang you have to shorten to just a day or 2.. I hang till the pop corn stiffens up.. Not the stem the Buds.. Play squeeze the Charmin with it and do NOT let it get to dry..
    Think of it like cooking meat.. To done is just that and you can't un-cook that lovely steak.. Can't un-dry that cannabis either.. Below 55 % humidity all curing process stop and won't restart.. It's a one time deal with no do-overs..
    [​IMG]
    My dirty hippy trim as my friend TTS calls it.. I'm old and don't have the hand for endless trimming and I'll hash 90% of it anyhow..
    [​IMG]
    hot dry garage hang only until the small stuff stiffens up.. 1 or 2 days most of the time but it can go longer if the humidity is high..
    [​IMG]
    While it's still on the very wet side I'll either glove and yank strip or snip off all the buds with grape scissors..
    It all gets placed in cut down paper shopping bags.. This lets me move it rapidly back and forth between the cans I use to slow the dry and the top of the washer and dryer I use during the day..
    The humidity jumped back up and this group spent about a day on the screen to firm up..
    [​IMG]
    After just about 6 hours it went back in the bags and in the can for the night.. I bought a couple of new trash cans for this and I try and size the can to the load.. I have an Ice Chest I use for smaller runs..

[​IMG]
    I use several humidity gauges as they tend to be wildly off .. 2 or 3 of them and average the read..
    I'll either dig in and fluff the buds up by hand or dump them into another bag to keep things stirred up and drying evenly
    [​IMG]
    Your target is 65% after about 7 days.. Then I pack in 1/2 gallon mason jars with a 60 gram size.. 62 % humidity.. Boveda pack..
    And your done.. It's perfectly dried to the exactly cure range and the Boveda packs insure it stays on the mark.. No need to play the open and burp game with the jars..
    [​IMG]
    Just what I've worked out here on the Brass Pharm.. Your local conditions may need to tweak this as no two zones dry alike.. Shopping bags and Trash cans FTMFW.. Sorry but it did take a while and I plain ruined a ton of smoke figuring it out..
    ====================================
    I still do it exactly like this. Squeeze the Charmin. Don't let it get to dry to fast.

BNW

7. what are some good physical signs they are dying? i want this stuff to be straight gas if possible. this plant has always started to look deficient after the 50 day mark despite all checks out. can you give me an example of trichomes that are too far? are amber translucent trichomes signs of stress or degradation? i have a very nice mix but cant say they are totally all completely cloudy either. clouds half and halfs amber patches here and there on higher up buds. thanks for all of your input! was also considering drilling a hole in the trunks to stress and promote defense mechanisms and terpene and trichome production. any thoughts on any of this?

i really wish i could identify the strain for more research. anyone recognize this strain at all? similarities too others?

8. I usually take them when the amber looks like streaks and swirls more then a few dots.
    No need to S&M the plant. she will get there all the same.
    Normal end of life fade can range wildly. Some strains never loose a single fan nor hardly change fan colors. Other strains drop everything and finish as buds on sticks side by side in the same ground, same organic soils. Same patch of sun. Strain A looks great. Strain B looks all but dead.
    LOL strain B kicked more ass for all it's raggedy appearance.

BNW

9. wow thats interesting as hell. well i guess the show is only getting started for me and watching and learning all there is about cannabis growing. Need a few years I see just to be able to nail down a technique that works for me as well as knowing what is what when looking at cannabis and all its needs and characteristics and all the strains there really are out there!

10. whats something you would recommend giving a try growing? any good strains that you've done that turns out extra amazing?