150 Gallon Smart Pot Indoor No Till

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by organicterra, Sep 20, 2011.

1. I probably didn't read what it was you were looking for. You might think along these lines of materials. Sort of similar to the smart pot line of material. If you want something that will last "forever" you can use a pond liner or shower pan material from the big box hardware stores. Landscape cloth such as this is available a lot of places. Cheap. And it comes in different weights or quality and durability.

DeWitt 3-oz. 3 ft. x 50 ft. Black Non-woven Spunbound Weed Fabric

Burlap will surely biodegrade but I think 2 years, tri-folded or quad-folded would surprise you. Depends on the grade of burlap I reckon. Anyway... good luck :wave:

2. Bump!! I think OT has been in a stoned stuper and spaced his thread ha ha. What the smoke report on that og buddy

3. I don't think the burlap could hang either. Check some of the DIY smartpot threads. I know I've seen some solutions around here somewhere.

4. Haha, yeah it's been a stuper of some sort. Got really busy with work and new baby so that leaves internet very low on the list.
    The OG turned out killer. I'll get some dried shots soon. I'm still doing final manicure but total harvest is right around 28 oz. About a half p better than last round with the 3 gal smarties.
    Here's a couple shots from week 3 and a peek inside my producer grow box.
    Cheers.

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      508.5 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      645.3 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      437.2 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      574 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Beautiful ........................................... [​IMG]

6. #286 headstasher, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011
    Believe me OT with a job that makes me travel 4-5x a year and three kids under 5 a whole lot of stuff goes to the bottom of the priority list so i feel you on that one. Looking to me like this next run is only getting better. I just aquired a 48"x28"x60" tent and soil is cooking so (not to bite your style) ill be making my "geopot" fill that space and get it in gear. Thanks to your guys' discussions and advice i was able to throw away my bottles and top dress and tea brew the final 7wks of my last run and they all finished wonderfully. Not exceptional but my mix is now in play instead of straight bag ffof. heres a few pics thanx again

Attached Files:

7. organicterra

Congratulations on your new baby! A real blessing for sure.

Peace

LD

8. #288 jimmmyboy, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2012
  9. Amazing work and very intriguing organics techniques. Just passin' through and glad to be here. How do you use your comfrey leaf? It's an organic growers best friend but I have not ventured down comfrey road just yet. Thanks for the wisdom in here, there is much to learn from all of you.

10. Was concerned about running 5x 10 gal fabric pots with a pair of clones each, but this thread has made me more excited than ever!

11. Greetings, from Canada all!

I just took the plunge on this exact setup after following another grower on Instagram that inspired me, but I am a novice. I have the 150 gallon planter as well.

I was wondering if you could tell me how many worms you'd need for a pot that size, and how much watering at a time are you doing?

I'm following a guide online for geo-pots and his proportions of things sound preposterous but I might be wrong. Calls for 10% water to soil ratio at watering time which equals over 55 Litres of water if I've done the math right. And then says 100-500 Red Wigglers per cubic foot (wtf!?!) and I have 20.5 cubic feet of soil.

Pretty sure that's like $1000 bucks in worms alone.. and water amount sounds crazy too, 55+ Litres is a LOT

Thanks for your time man!

12. It’s an 8 year old thread mate lol.
    Not a soil grower so can’t help but 55L feeds is not a lot for a 150gallon pot.
    I’ve had single plants that could drink 17L a day from a 20L res and the root mass in that thing will be absolutely monumental compared to anything I’ve done.
    its literally 30 times the size of my root zone lol.