150 Gallon Smart Pot Indoor No Till

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by organicterra, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Congrats! Nice run. I can't wait to see the following runs. I have been so curious about this type of grow. I used to grow in aquaponics/aeroponics and mataining all the microorganisms that do the heavy lifting is so key to having a sucess. Much respect.

Wee and MIW - Heat can also be your friend when dealing with molds. Keeping things dry and some molds can't survive above 84 degrees.
    http://www.fsec.ucf.edu/en/consumer/buildings/basics/moldgrowth.htm

2. Thanks guys!

jerry, total flower time was 68 days. It's OG Kush Fire cut.
    Thanks Marapa! I do pull them out of the smarties at transplant. I'm sure it would work to just plant them in the pots though.

And on that note I think this thread is headed to the journal section so look for me over there.
    Thanks everyone!

3. It's time to take OT's thread to the next level folks so we're heading to the journals section:hello:

chunk

4. Nice job. Those buds are just so chunky and shiny. I love it.

5. Ot have you considered a cover crop like clover? just curious I'm thinking about doing the same thing you've got going. your plants are looking lush under that blue light.

6. Nice new digs you got here OT. :)

7. MIW, what are you trying to do?

Is this a ventilation thing?

jerry.

8. Thanks chunk!
    Well here I am. Not sure what to do now. lol.
    Thanks sticky banana! This round did turn out muy bien.
    I planted white clover this round. I'm seeing tons of little sprouts so we'll see.
    I take my pics in the dark with just the flash.
    Thanks WeeDroid.
    I'll get some pics up soon and try to keep up with the weekly updates.
    Thanks everyone for the support with this thread.

9. Yup, trying to allow air to dry water under the pot trays. When I spray it gets everywhere and can seep under the trays. At harvest I sometimes find mold, and I 'm trying to prevent mold. I could have used something better than wood, so after caulking them on, and thinking about it, I coated the wood chunks in latex paint to seal the wood......MIW

10. Glad i found this, its exactly what ive been looking to do but less plants and smaller than 150gal, silly me i was thinking of using a tote, totally forgot about the giant fabric pots, do you think this can be done with say 20 - 30 gallons (my space is only 2x2),and how long do you wait for the roots to breakdown or can new plants be planted right after. Also whats some good cover mulch.

11. Heya Badboy,

The 30 gallon Geo Pot has a 24" square base and would fill the footprint of your grow space pretty well.

30 Gallon GeoPot

chunk

12. [quote name='"chunkdaddyo"']Heya Badboy,

The 30 gallon Geo Pot has a 24" square base and would fill the footprint of your grow space pretty well.

30 Gallon GeoPot

chunk[/quote]

And can also be DYI with about 10bucks worth of pvc an few yards of a suitable fabric and some sewing skills

13. Incase anyone was wondering about my reusable grocery bag idea.....it works wonders. Only issue is you have to have a flood try of some sort because the roots will grow right out the bottom and sides. App wont let me post a pic but my pitbull mother cutting has gotten so huge i have to cut it in half now ha ha

14. [quote name='"chunkdaddyo"']Heya Badboy,

30 Gallon GeoPot

chunk[/quote]

Thanks that is perfect, the geo pot line is my go to brand for pots, dont know why i didnt think of it the first time.

15. [quote name='"heretikhashhead"']

And can also be DYI with about 10bucks worth of pvc an few yards of a suitable fabric and some sewing skills[/quote]

Hey how about you build it for me, and i send you the 10bucks plus shipping.... Deal lol... Make sure u post pics of the finished product.

16. Im having trouble finding a suitable fabric but have made my pattern and already have enough length in pipe left over from the tent i made ill just need a few corner joints. The app has trouble with pics but ill give it a shot when its done. I love DIY projects like this. I built my own veg tent as well as converted a cabinet into a vented sealed clone nursery with a quarentine chamber for when i get new cuttings from other people. So far has saved me thousands in store bought shit

17. Check Wally World or Southern States or Tractor Supply or ... IdK, a place that carries a variety of gardening supplies and look for a roll of burlap. It's cheap enough and plenty on a roll to mess around with. You can double or triple fold this material to help contain the soil but it will definitely provide for plenty of customization and areation. <$10 a roll.

18. I wonder how long it would take for the burlap to rot?

19. [quote name='"WeeDroid"']I wonder how long it would take for the burlap to rot?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was my concern im hoping to atleast get 2yrs ot of the soil before ever needing recycled and switched out and dont see burlap lasting that long. It draws moisture from the soil and also is decomposed by the micro herd. Im looking more for a recycled plastic type of cloth