1200W HID/LED 4x4 Cyanide Waferz & Purple Alien Biscuit

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by StudioGREENsdca, Apr 10, 2021.

1. #1 StudioGREENsdca, Apr 10, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    STRAIN: From seed - 3 Cyanide Waferz (1 sativa/2 indica leaning) & 6 Purple Alien Biscuit (indica dom)
    SPACE: 4x4x8 tent
    MEDIUM: Fox Farms Happy Frog (45%), Ocean Forest (45%) and Light Warrior (10%)
    BUCKET SIZE: 5 gallon
    LIGHTS: 600w MH & 600w LED
    ROOM TEMP: 80-85F or ~27C
    SOIL PH: ~6.75
    WATERING: currently around 32oz every other day (I have been adding 1 drop of organic lemon juice to every 16oz of distilled water to lower pH)
    TRAINING: Topped above 5th node on the second week of veg. Bottom fan leaves have all been tied down and tucked to the side. Ponytailed the top fan leaves AROUND lead nodes so to not prevent light penetration. Ponys get released when lights go off for a little breather. Tying down branches as they pop out.
    ADDITIVES: Nothing more other than what was mention for the time being.

Currently in the middle of the 3rd week of veg. Pre-flowering has started. averaging at about 10 to 12 inches. I'm going to let them stretch out another 6 inches before switching to flower.

• Like Like x 1
  2. After doing a little reading, I've been thinking of adding carbonated water to my watering regime on the 4th week of veg which is a little over a day away. Going to water once a week with carbonated water along with light misting 2-3 times a day until we switch to flower UNLESS I start to see negative effects. I'll post today's pics as a comparison.

3. #3 StudioGREENsdca, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. #7 StudioGREENsdca, Apr 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    UPDATE:

So a few things I forgot to mention, in a panic since I hadn't gotten my shipment yet, I top dressed the ladies with a mix of Fox Farms Ocean Forrest soil, dolomite lime, and azomite before introducing Mammoth P and Recharge.

Still spraying bottom leaves with carbonated water but reduced to twice a week until I get them more dialed in.

For this last feeding I added Fox Farm's Grow Big and Big Bloom along with cal-mag plus and some Great White mycorrhizal. Also up'd water intake from 32oz to 48oz which they seem to like more.

A little experiment I'm running: I added a Schumann wave resonator to the tent. Unfortunately, I don't have a control for this experiment to compare and contrast to lol so I maybe not so much an experiment hahaha.

5. It literally took me about 3hrs to finish working on just 5 trees before I got too tired to finish. I braided all my bishes hair, hahaha. They were getting kinda bushy but I didn't wanna go defoliating and cause unneeded stress for the time being since they've already been dealing with quite a bit.

I basically just tied all the fan leaves out of the way to increase light penetration on all the growth on the first 2 pairs of nodes, went down to the 3rd pair on 2 of them. I did not, however, do this to the Sativa leaning Cyanide Waferz because the leaf stems were too short to bend without causing damage. It was slightly unnecessary anyway since she's stretching up pretty well and the light seems to be hitting everything just fine.

I won't be doing anything too different for the next week or 2 but I'll keep updating with pics every few days.

COMMENTS, THOUGHTS, OPINIONS AND SUGGESTIONS ALWAYS APPRECIATED :)

6. #9 StudioGREENsdca, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
    I've been stressing out about what I want to do:

1. Run the entire room on the flip.
    or
    2. Set up a separate mother/veg tent and transfer mother/clones before the flip.

Either way, I already ordered what I would need in case I go with choice number 2 which is what I'm leaning towards. Just running out of space in the house in general lol.

I plan on removing the current 600w LED I have running and replacing it with a 1000w LED a week before we flip it into bloom. I'll also decrease feedings from once a week to every watering. And watering will also go from every 2-3 days to every day possibly while I try and keep the humidity at about 40%.

I'm going to use that 600w LED for the clone section of the veg tent if I do set it up along with a 1000w LED light for the mothers. In keeping with vegetative growth, I'm aiming for an overall temp of 85 to 90 in the veg tent, 55-60% humidity, water every 3 days but feed only once a week.

7. #10 StudioGREENsdca, May 5, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
    We are on day 72, week 7 of veg.

A few changes to note:

About 5 weeks into veg I decided to defoliate the girls, only removing the bottom dwarfed growth, yellowing/dead or damaged leaves, and any leaves touching the soil. I also re-braided some of the larger fan leaves and tucked them in better to allow even more light penetration a bit further down the nodes.

Keep in mind I've been performing LST this entire time, evening out the canopy at least once a week since that's all I have time for.

After the first defoliation, both Cyanide Waferz oddly caught up to each other. The slightly stretched tree bushed out with new growth while the other did the same but stretched out a bit further to form a more even canopy with its sibling, haha.

At around week 6 I began to have some temperature issues because of the seasonal changes. I also ended up swapping the 600w LED for a 1000w LED which didn't help the dilema. So I increased water intake from 32 oz to 48 oz per water/feed to lower the temp a few degrees and elevate humidity levels that kept plummeting down to 35-40% (I have been watering every other day, feeding every other watering).

At week 7 of veg I decided to defoliate one last time before they go into bloom because they were really bushing out again. This time around I removed all fan leaves on only the top set of nodes that were around the size of my palm or larger. I then went around and removed larger leaves further down ONLY IF they were impeding light penetration to the rest of the growth further down.

I haven't taken any pictures post this last defoliation but will do soon.

These are about 2 weeks behind.

And this is 1 of 2 Cyanide Waferz mothers I'm keeping which is basically the cloned top. of 1 of the 2.