1 Organic 400 Watt MH/HPS Super Lemon Haze

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by dynamicsurplus, Nov 12, 2010.

1. #1 dynamicsurplus, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2010
    My background:

I grew up on my parents farm and helped out on other farms of various family members. The only thing I ever did was play computer games and occasionally help out in the many gardens my family had. My aunt had the most gardens. She had 6 gardens. 2 dedicated to raspberries and 2 dedicated to strawberries. The rest were dedicated to vegetables. The time I helped the most was during harvest. Nothing beats fresh fruits/veggies right off of the plant.

my equipment:

24" x 48" x 60" dark room.
    4"x12" Carbon filter
    6" x 18" cool tube
    12" pot
    4" inline duct fan rated at 167 CFM
    400 watt digital balast
    400 watt MH bulb
    400 watt HPS bulb

Soil mixture:

1 part organic soil
    1 part vermiculite
    1 part peat moss
    1 part worm castings

Nutrients:

Liquid bat guano
    Pur vida bloom

Grow tent:

[​IMG]

Day 1:

She popped out of the soil today. She is looking a little pail. I'm thinking it is because the soil was a bit dry and the light is very bright for a small little seedling.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. #2 dynamicsurplus, Nov 13, 2010
    Day 2:

Lots of stem growth and not much leaf growth. Hopefully some of that energy went to root growth as well.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. #3 dynamicsurplus, Nov 14, 2010
    Day 3:

The leaves are staring to roar to life. they've more than doubled in size.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. make your pics bigger. i cant see the stomata yet.

5. Those pics have seen a lot of shrinking already. cut 600x600 off of the original pics just to upload here.

6. DAMN :eek:. Well then I suggest you upload on tinypics.com (no account or info required), and change the image size to "15' Monitor 800x600". Hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way, but those pics are killing this thread. I almost didn't feel like scrolling for 5 minutes past the pics to see your response. Thank you "page dwn" key.

But in all honestly, your setup sounds very clean. Do you have pics of the whole tent, showing your ventilation, drainage, etc? I'm interested to see how this SLH turns out. Where did you get the seed? And is it just the 1 plant?

7. #7 dynamicsurplus, Nov 16, 2010
    Changed the pic sizes. added a pic of the tent.

Day 4:

She's getting big quick. Had a pest problem. Needed to top it off with sand to make sure the gnats couldn't reproduce.

[​IMG]

Finished making my screen for my Scrog.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Nice screen. Make sure its tight so it stays taut when plants grow against it.

Did you add sand to your soil? This new pic looks like you sprinkled a layer on top.

9. looks nice so far man. check out my grow, also using 400w MH and HPS. Growing ak47, SLH and cataract kush... scrog style, however not organic. link in sig...
    im a little farther ahead of you, so id be glad to be a comparison any day...
    stay smokin :smoking:

10. #10 dynamicsurplus, Nov 16, 2010
    The screen is made from hemp string and I laced the threads in between each other like a fence so they hold really well. I don't think I will have a problem.

Yeah, I added sand. Have a gnat problem. Sand dries out really quick and makes it impossible for them to reproduce fast enough.

Wish I could smoke. I have to stay clean because of work. I hope the heat is off of me by the time I harvest. But I have to wait until then.

11. Day 6:

Got new lithium batteries for my camera. Since she started growing the leaves have had a small yellow tint to them that has kind of just stayed on the inside. As she got larger the leaves on the outside got greener. I added some bat guano to her drink today and within the hour she was a perfect green.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. Day 7:

Compared to other grows I have seen mine seems to be going slow. Added some more bat guano. seems to be making the leaves a deeper green and thicker. Looks better that way.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. sweet setup looking good

14. Looking great so far, I like how you've been giving updates with pictures pretty much everyday. Keep it up.

15. #15 dynamicsurplus, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010
    thanks

Day 8:

Still seems to be going slow. Temps have been good. Soil has stayed moist but hasn't had too much water. Not sure why she is holding back. I can only hope it is because she is developing a super large root system and is going to boom into life.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Day 9:

Is this girl really supposed to be going this slow???

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. looks about right...moving on to a 3rd set, should start filling out quickly

18. She has a big screen to fill up. I can't wait until she takes off.

19. are you gonna TOP/FIM that 5th set?
    i did on my SLH, then fim'd it again later...
    alot of people complain about their SLH getting too tall, not bushy, and out of control. check out mine in my sig

good luck, your a couple days off mine... ill be watching how it does in the screen.

20. i cant wait to see this grow unfold :)