“Built Not Bought” LED Thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HTownBudz, May 14, 2020.

1. Lol I’ve had my plants on cake spinners for like a year and a half

• Like Like x 3
  2. Yes yes, I realized very fast after that post that this was no new original thing. I dun goof

• Like Like x 6
  3. No worries man I’m not trying to take the mick or anything just wanted to outline that there’s likely not going to be a plant specific device like that. Maybe unless you added an adjustable trellis to a spinner or something, that would be great.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thank you. I am used to getting a 'mick' by one older workmate that is very passive agressive. No worries :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. These are all great ideas though......back when I was running the Hortilux 1Ks I was thinking it cant get any better, and then LEDs came along and we figured out how to implement them into what we needed for growing. Took me a few years and some time looking at what worked and what didnt, but we are the trend setters in the biz.......believe it or not people watch these forums rather we ever see them or not..........

HT

• Like Like x 6
  6. So I can't really hang out here and not say something, so purely for your entertainment, this is what I've been up to today.
    Disclaimer: This is totally in a different league to HT's masterpieces. I come under the heading of 'Cheap AF', but we celebrate diversity right? My little project is to get a grow going on for as little financial outlay as possible. (Keeping a grow journal of my closet build)
    Since browsing the GC, I've come to the conclusion that you can't really skimp on the lights, and I plan to swap these out for Cree's and Meanwhile drivers when I can, but in the meantime for shits and giggles I got a couple of cheap ass Chinese drivers and cobs. For NZ$50 ($35USD) I got a couple of drivers for '50W cobs'
    I've been doing a whole dumpster dive to keep things cheap and found a couple of fairly handy heat sinks to mount my cobs on. I want to go passive to keep my grow as stealthy as possible. I'm looking forward to firing this thing up and seeing if anything will grow under it!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  7. That rib looks solid and heavy. Is it a motor part? As for going for cree and meanwell. There is chips (luminus i think is the brand) that is more efficient than cxb3590. There is drivers (inventronics) that seems to me to be just as good.

I dont have personal hands on experience tho, only watched a lot of youtube videos om the subject. Shane from migro does a lot of educational videos.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Yeah, its a nice bit of Aluminum. Formerly some communication equipment. 5kg. It was a good find. Im putting it in a 2x2, so was looking at a couple of CXB 3070's in my veg and 4 for flower, or something similar. Its fun learning

• Like Like x 5
  9. Looking great, all the equipment upgrades, and the girls most of all.. sent you a couple pm’s, don’t sweat em. But when you get a chance hit me up in PM. A lot of stress right now, could use a brother to vent on, maybe get some advice..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  10. Been doing some research on LED’s.. I just relit my entire living room with LED. Completely customizable in color, the white spectrum being made of full volume red, blue, and green, I can see how white is the way to go. Maximized output of all the colors, the plants can’t ask for anymore spectrum that I like imagine..

• Like Like x 4
  11. I knew from that first 6500k panel I had Sara build this was the future......just didnt exactly have a game plan back then

HT

• Like Like x 4
  12. This is nice man, you had a plan and you executed it. Feels like a piece of usable art in a way doesnt it?

HT

• Like Like x 4
  13. Haha, you're not wrong there. Looking forward to tackling that flower light some time, but with better components.
    Hey, when I replace those 2 veg cobs, what color temp would be best? A mix around 5K?

• Like Like x 3
  14. I love the 4Ks and 5Ks for Veg, the 3500Ks are good for all season, and 3000K are great for flower. Mix and match as you like.........Cree has some 2700K I think, but I havent dipped that low yet......3K & 3.5K mix on my big 1800W panel in Flower.

HT

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Legend. Cheers man.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Waiting. On. Beautiful. Pictures..

Just checking in and scoping out progress. My balls are hanging over the front of the couch. Popcorn farts really aren’t that bad, unless your in the shower.. I thought toe jam would taste more like jam and less like poopy cardboard.. My bellybutton makes my finger stink, try it.. I once shit on my own ass cheek.. Go pedal or no pedal.. vagina...

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Lmfao

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 3
  18. Wtf?!

• Like Like x 6
  19. Here ya go....the one on the last pic to the right was the worst victim of the freeze.....but still made it through 20210415_201945.jpg 20210415_201954.jpg 20210415_202017.jpg 20210415_204942.jpg 20210415_205000.jpg

HT

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Good looking! How cold was the freeze?

• Like Like x 3