“Built Not Bought” LED Thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HTownBudz, May 14, 2020.

1. After years of being away, its time to come back strong!! If you know me, you probably know this has been in the works for awhile. We are going with 3 Meanwell HLG-600H-36Bs and 18 CXB-3590 3000k 90cri (9) 4000k 70cri (9).........going to document this whole build. Hope everyone is well [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  2. Well alright! Drags in my rocking bean bag and mini fridge. Let's do this!

Sent with it's not a lie!?

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Decided on 1” x 1” x 3/16” angle aluminum for the frame, pics up in the morning. Heat sinks wont be here until early next week. Might work the weekend to pay for some reflectors and adapters

• Like Like x 3
  4. IMG_1852.JPG ......picking up all the gear to get back into rotation. This Orca Film is worth its weight in gold.

• Like Like x 3
  5. What up H! Good to see you still at it. I miss seeing that packed room of yours. I looking forward to seeing all the new toys fired up!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Sup HTown, nice to meet ya. Looking forward to how you put 1800w to good use!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Hope you been well 3D,.........finally putting together the light I should have built 5 years ago. It will be Legendary. Throwing together a sweet little Cxb-3590 4000k Veg Light also. Aluminum is cut, just waiting on heat sinks to show up later today. Ill try to remember to get pics tonight of these badboys. Glad to be back, going to be jungle status in no time

• Like Like x 4
  8. Glad to have ya, building all kinds of new lights and grabbing a handful of new beans. Going to be lit

• Like Like x 5
  9. You can tell I am rusty, forgot how to reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Lol, no worries man. I was off the City for a while too and had to get used to some of the features again.

Like @Heavn said, some of the old crew is still around. Haven't seen Iron here much but he's been at it over on other platforms. Looks like he did full on re-vamp in his grow also.

I've been running quantum boards and cobs for a bit and I like em alot! They do produce some heat in my tent though. The cobs were supplemental but I took em down because I didn't like the way I made the frame so it's back to the drawing board on those lol.

Btw, @Heavn, is Iron running a new journal? I haven't seen any updates in his old place.

• Like Like x 3
  11. No new journal. He said he was gonna come back a few months back but then disappeared again. We had chatted in a pm. He sticks a lot to ig from my understanding.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Oh yeah, he posts on IG pretty regularly. He's running a couple of flood tables I think. Got a sea of buds right now

• Like Like x 3
  13. Had to clean the factory thermal paste off the hp heatsinks and break some lock washers to get the small studs out. Going back with all stainless bolts, washers, and nutz. Figured out each fan draws .40a so .40x18=7.2A........ I went ahead and ordered a 12v 8A 96w power supply and have a noctua pwm fan controller that will control speed. Also laid out my aluminun and place fitted 6 heatsinks to see how it looks before I start bolting things up here in a day or so...........have a Hlg-480H-36B and 6 Angelina wide lens reflectors on the way to setup a 4000k veg light also. Been working a lot guys so bare with me, the jungle will LIVE again under all LED

• Like Like x 5
  14. Heres a few pics of the progress for you guys. Before anyone ask, yes I am going the active cooling route for my Cobs with HP Heatsinks(656332-001). [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]They are rated to handle 160w and each cob will max out at 137w so I am anxious to see what this system can do with a dimmer and some 600w Meanwell drivers.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Few pics of some dank I had this week. Nothing ever compares to your own shit though[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Man I just re-upped yesterday. Everytime I pay for it, I kick myself in the ass lol.

The cob game has come a long way! I have 3590's and they just came mounted to the sinks. That active cooling system looks cool (pun intended ).

• Like Like x 4
  17. This system I am going to build wont be for everyone. Its a lot of raw wattage, both pwm fans and the cobs. This thread will be the monster garage of badassery in the CXB game.......so whats your opinion of the Cree lights? Funny man, I come back and post a few pics up of my project and people are already messaging to Sponsor me with their lights. If this all works out, I might take on custom builds.........only to those in the game that can find me though. Haha

• Like Like x 2
  18. So before I just post it, I'd like to ask you... You were my mentor and really helped me out when I first joined, and I'd like to show you my current grow. So you can see how far I've come since you've been away.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Lmfao I should say the only upgrade is my light .I still grow in my shower laundry room.

• Like Like x 2
  20. I will come find you, or post some pics up. Would love to see what you have going on, .......I remember when I left out you were running an all white panel like the one I had. We were the real pioneers of the white light leds before people ever found the Cree Cobs and the warm cool white spectrums to be the best........people just dont know but its documented #Infamous

• Like Like x 1